Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice

Go down 
+5
gialloblu
vincenti
aldair6
forza sampdoria
Marco_Italia
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Marco_Italia

Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice Empty
PostSubject: Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice   Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 9:08 pm

Hi all, i'm going on a calcio trip to Emilia Romagna (i'll bebased in Bologna) on Friday 21st-Monday 24th of this month and was wanting some advice on these three clubs.

The plan is....Modena vs. Livorno (3pm ko Saturday), then go to Parma to see Parma vs. Fiorentina (6pm ko Saturday), then Bologna vs. Pescara (3pm Sunday). I've working out that i can get a train from Modena to Parma to be in Parma for 5:30pm then probably get a taxi or walk (quickly) to the Tardini!

Modena vs. Livorno- I will be able to get tickets on arrival before the game right? Also, do they have a merchandise store at the ground or is it in the city centre?

Parma vs. Fiorentina- This game will probably be harder to get tickets for i assume, i think i'm probably gonna order them online then get them delivered to my hotel, but they are not available on the Parma website yet; fcparma.com/biglietti/acquista-online/ and i don't know when they go on sale.

Bologna vs. Pescara- should be easy to get tickets i assume, probably just get them on the day or go to the stadium and buy them on the Saturday (if i have time).

If anyone can answer any of my questions it would be much appreciated!
Back to top Go down
forza sampdoria

forza sampdoria

PostSubject: Re: Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice   Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 11:05 pm

Marco - you dont half pick your games.

I did 3 games in two days last year and it was very tiring, getting tickets from the club shop and waiting to buy them which took nearly 40 mins, running for trains, metro taxi etc. I think you are cutting it too fine to see the Parma game personally if you go to Modena.

Do not count on getting tickets before the game if in a rush...from experience I would suggest you book online given the time coinstraints and maybe give the Modina game a miss to aviod dissapointment.

If I am to buy a ticket before the game I always email in advance and request they confirm that tickets will be sold on the day and until what time, otherwise I do not risk it as I am sure you are aware Italy does have an habbit of applying the strangest rules for no apparent reason.

I admire you stamina though!
Back to top Go down
Marco_Italia

PostSubject: Re: Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice   Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 11:59 pm

Ah right, thanks Forza Samp. What 3 did you do last year?

I think if i have the Parma tickets before i arrive at the stadium, i may make it, JUST! Very Happy And yes, that is a smart idea, to contact the clubs..as i have heard that some don't sell tickets on the day of the game! ludacris! :S
Back to top Go down
forza sampdoria

forza sampdoria

PostSubject: Re: Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice   Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 12:17 am

Marco_Italia wrote:
Ah right, thanks Forza Samp. What 3 did you do last year?

I think if i have the Parma tickets before i arrive at the stadium, i may make it, JUST! Very Happy And yes, that is a smart idea, to contact the clubs..as i have heard that some don't sell tickets on the day of the game! ludacris! :S

I did a short break - out of Luton at at 6.30 on the Saturday and back to blightly the following Sunday evening.

I went from Milan airport to Genoa to see Samp v Grossotto (0-0) then ran like hell to get the train in time back to Milan to see Inter v Roma in the evening (0-0) in which time a rain storm had started, I had planned to see Atalanta the next day before flying home as it was an 11.30 kick off but it had been raining for a solid 14 hours so decided against going - just as well as the game was put back because of the rain storm by 45 minutes.

And as you can see I saw no goals all weekend either!!! Did not put me though as I also went to see Milan v Catania (4-0), Genoa v Lazio (3-2), Samp v Nicorina (2-0) and the most exciting game of all Inter v Genoa (5-3) later in the season which made up for it.

Off to see either Samp v Torino or Samp v Napoli in a feww weeks - but the wife as warned me I can only watch one game whist I am there Very Happy

Enjoy your weekend.

Last edited by forza sampdoria on Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aldair6
Admin
aldair6

PostSubject: Re: Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice   Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 12:37 am

I went to Modena and Bologna last season.
Both train stations are a fair way from the stadiums.
I got tickets very easily just outside the Bologna ground, which were very good value and that was two hours before kick off.
Hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
http://www.calciouk.com
vincenti

PostSubject: Re: Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice   Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 10:05 pm

Sorry marco I can't help as I have not been to any of those grounds.Have a great time pal let us know how you got on.
Back to top Go down
forza sampdoria

forza sampdoria

PostSubject: Re: Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice   Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 12:58 am

Confirmed - I am off to watch Samp v Napoli opn the 30th September.......with the wife, that will be a new experience for me.

She has been to watch the Blades a few time but never been with me to Italy!!!
Back to top Go down
gialloblu

gialloblu

PostSubject: Re: Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice   Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 10:11 am

forza sampdoria wrote:
Confirmed - I am off to watch Samp v Napoli opn the 30th September.......with the wife, that will be a new experience for me.

She has been to watch the Blades a few time but never been with me to Italy!!!

Ah, she'll love it. My mrs had only ever been to one match in her life and that was a pointless League Cup game against Colchester! She loved Verona, and she enjoyed the footy as well. Although she was more concerned about the safety of the ultra in the curva (clinging to the front railings wailing on his megaphone) than I was about how dodgy we looked when defending crosses.
Back to top Go down
Marco_Italia

PostSubject: Re: Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice   Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 4:46 am

Cheers for the advice aldair/forzasamp.....it sounds like that was an interesting trip to say the least! Hopefully your next one in a few weeks will be a bit dryer!

The info finally appeared about the Parma tickets on their website yesterday...the go on sale online on Monday. So gonna get them on Monday and get them delivered to my Bolognese hotel (hopefully they don't get binned if they have the Parma FC logo on the envelope) Razz
Back to top Go down
Purple Hellequin

Purple Hellequin

PostSubject: Re: Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice   Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 9:51 pm

Are you still planning to go to Modena as from memory there is a problem with Serie B tickets. They have to be bought before mid day on day of game . My brother and I had this problem a couple of years back when we tried to get into Pisa - Grossetto couldn't get a ricket anywhere as we only arrived an hour before kick off. An ultra eventually gave us 2 tickets but we did not get in as names on tickets did not match those on our passports . Just glad we did not go with our original plan to go to Spezia as we were based in Florence
Back to top Go down
Marco_Italia

PostSubject: Re: Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice   Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 5:37 am

Yeah still planning to go to Modena^ Thanks for informing me of that, we plan to be in Modena in the morning because we are going to the Ferrari museum so we will get the tickets early doors.

That was a shame about your Pisa visit! :/
Back to top Go down
vincenti

PostSubject: Re: Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice   Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 2:04 am

Purple Hellequin wrote:
Are you still planning to go to Modena as from memory there is a problem with Serie B tickets. They have to be bought before mid day on day of game . My brother and I had this problem a couple of years back when we tried to get into Pisa - Grossetto couldn't get a ricket anywhere as we only arrived an hour before kick off. An ultra eventually gave us 2 tickets but we did not get in as names on tickets did not match those on our passports . Just glad we did not go with our original plan to go to Spezia as we were based in Florence
Sorry to hear that ph.A couple of years ago I went to watch Pisa-Chievo and on the day of the game I couldn't get a ticket at the ground but someone directed me to a shop where I had to wait till 1pm to buy my tickets which I did and gladly got in.At Livorno you can still buy tickets up to kick off from a booth near the ground,same at Brescia,well up to last season anyway.
Back to top Go down
Marco_Italia

PostSubject: Re: Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice   Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 1:57 am

Hi guys, got back from Bolonga on Monday night and here is my tale of my exhausting calcio trip!...
Went to Maranello on saturday morning (about a 45minutes bus from Modena central) and must say the town is quite nice. 13 Euros entrance fee was well worth it, lot's of stuff about the history of Enzo Ferrari aswell as their achievement in motorsport- mainly F1.
Then got back into Modena at around 2pm, the bus station is only a 5minute walk from the Braglia. So went there straight away to get tickets- 12 euros for the Curva Montagnani. Got into the ground and there was around 50 Livorno fans in the other end. Must say it was a much more vocal curva and lively atmosphere than i expected! Was also a very good game with Modena dominating and winning 1-0 (Ardemagni), Suracco also impressed. Very nice stadium, it wouldn't look out of place in England with the stand being close to the pitch and having a roof (well over 3 stands anywa). Would recommend a calcio trip to Modena to anyone!
Then headed to the Modena train station and got the 5:07pm train to Parma, arrived in Parma at around 5:40pm (kick off was at 6pm). Got a taxi to the stadium, and arrived at our seats in the Tribuna for around 2 minutes past 6 - not too bad. I must say out of the three games i attended the Parma one was the poorest although Fiorentina travelled in good numbers. The game was very exciting with both teams missing a penalty! Parma actually played better than i expected but had no finishing touch. Ican't rememeber if i posted earlier but i got the tickets off listicket.it last Monday, and the Curva was sold out aswell as the 2nd cheapest part of the stadium- so ended up paying 50euros for seats in the Tribuna. I was also very suprised that when Fiorentina scored there was around 20 people in our stand celebrating and no one batted and eyelid! I don't think this would be allowed in other stadiums in Serie A. After the game, we went to the shop where the trophies are displayed (forgot that Parma have won 2 Uefa Cups!)...and went to see the creative wall art/graffitti outside the Curva!
Sunday morning, we headed to the Stadio Dall'Ara at around Midday and got 18Euro tickets for the Curva Bulgarelli! Very unique stadium as many of your know with the building at one stadium of the ground. Hung about until the game started, and then went up the (steep) curva and got to our seats- actually a better view than i expected! Bologna dominated the game, even before PEscara had the keeper Perin sent off in the 2nd half...should have won! Pescara where not great but defended for their life in the last 20mins! Very colourful fans with lots of flags banners, you'd have been mistaken for thinking it was a derby!

Then on Monday we went to the Lamborghini museum in Sant'Agata but we only had a short time here (25mins) due to the buses being irregular and us having to catch a flight later in the day. But it turned out that is all we needed, the museum was about 2 floors with about 20 Lambos, much smaller museum than Ferrari.

Will post photos soon....
Back to top Go down
Marco_Italia

PostSubject: Re: Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice   Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 2:18 am

Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice IMGP1176

Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice IMGP1167

Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice IMGP1183

Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice IMGP1182

Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice IMGP1186

Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice IMGP1195

Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice IMGP1199

Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice IMGP1203

Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice IMGP1207

Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice IMGP1211

Parma:

Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice IMGP1214

Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice IMGP1218

Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice IMGP1230

Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice IMGP1228

Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice IMGP1255

Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice IMGP1249

Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice IMGP1261

Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice IMGP1271

Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice IMGP1264

Bologna:

Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice IMGP1277

Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice IMGP1282

Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice IMGP1292

Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice IMGP1296

Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice IMGP1305

Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice IMGP1308

Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice IMGP1313

Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice IMGP1309

Lambo:

Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice IMGP1342

Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice IMGP1323

Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice IMGP1350

Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice IMGP1371
Back to top Go down
vincenti

PostSubject: Re: Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice   Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 4:19 am

Wow! Absolutely terrific Marco.Glad you got to all the games,the pictures are fantastic especially the Livorno ones Wink . Thanks for sharing mate. Smile
Back to top Go down
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

PostSubject: Re: Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice   Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 6:45 am

Flipping heck Marco, you'll need a holiday to get over that trip. Sounds well organised though.

Great pictures.
Back to top Go down
forzaitalia

forzaitalia

PostSubject: Re: Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice   Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 2:42 am

Awesome pics Marco, great stuff.
Back to top Go down
Mi piace calcio

Mi piace calcio

PostSubject: Re: Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice   Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 3:16 am

Excellent pics Marco. Thanks for posting them.
Back to top Go down
aldair6
Admin
aldair6

PostSubject: Re: Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice   Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 3:43 am

Great stuff Marco, a pleasure to look through!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.calciouk.com
forza sampdoria

forza sampdoria

PostSubject: Re: Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice   Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 7:36 am

Gad you enjoyed it Marco look like you had better weather than me yet again!
Back to top Go down
Marco_Italia

PostSubject: Re: Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice   Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 11:44 pm

Thanks guys, no bother at all. Shame i'm back in dull Glasgow! Very Happy haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice   Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modena, Parma, Bologna- Trip Advice
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Italian Football :: Serie A-
Jump to: