HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Official Fiorentina Thread

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Purple Hellequin

PostSubject: Official Fiorentina Thread   Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:59 am

Thought I would get it started.
Back to top Go down
forzaitalia

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:12 am

Good to see Jovetic with a couple of goals tonight.
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:32 am

forzaitalia wrote:
Good to see Jovetic with a couple of goals tonight.

I've got the game on video and will be watching tomorrow evening. Thank heavens somebody apart from Gila and Cerci has found the net.
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:54 am

A good vistory on Wednesday, though again the opposition wasn't of the strongest. I suspect Parma will struggle this season. A couple of pluses to be taken from the game. Pasqual looks to be getting back to his best at last and what little we saw of Romulo looked very promising indeed. He seems to have plenty confidence for a 19 year old and had some nice touches. All three goals were well taken. Was it my imagination or did Gila (in the stand) not look too happy when the goals went in? Maybe he sees his job at risk.
We seem to be copying the tactics of Roma under Spaletti and be playing without an out and out front man now Gila's out of action. Silva was supposed to be the main striker but he spent a lot of time in midfield with Jo-Jo, Cerci and Vargas bursting through in front of him. Anyone else agree?
Is there anyone who can lip read in Italian? I would love to know what Cerci said to Miha as he came off after being substituted. Whatever it was it didn't look complimentary!

Back to top Go down
Purple Hellequin

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:48 pm

Romulo is 24 and will probably be playing tonight instead of Cerci as he is stronger defensively. Bought as a right back Viola have already decided he is not good enough to play there so is now seen as attacking midfield player
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:36 pm

Last night's showing gave me cause for more optimism than I've had for a long time. This was a great performance and should have ben rewarded with three points. One of the most pleasing features for me was that any one of six or seven players could have been our man of the match. The back four were magnificent, Boruc was sound and Cerci and Jo-Jo caused all sorts of problems for the Napoli defence. I don't think Cerci can be left out of any game. His very unpredictability gives us an extra dimension, not to mention his goal scoring potential. I'd still like to see him used as a main striker just to see how he'd shape up.
We have to keep up this standard, though. It's bidding to be the most competitive Serie A for many years and there will be no easy games. We have to make the Franchi a fortress once again and produce last night's form in every away match. We also need Gambo and Jo-Jo to stay healthy.
By the way, does anyone know what's happened to Baba and Campo? Are they injured, out of favour or out on loan? If not both should be getting game time. They are two great talents and need to be nurtured.
Back to top Go down
Purple Hellequin

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:04 am

Cannot believe we lost that game to Lazio.
Back to top Go down
forzaitalia

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:46 am

Did you play well?
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:25 am

Just got around to watching the video of the Lazio game last night. Yes, we did play well and only Marchetti in the Lazio goal stood between us and three points. His saves from Silva and Cerci in the second half were phenomenal. If he keeps playing like this he'll be back as the Azurri No. 2 in double quick time. What a pity we didn't try and get him when we knew Frey was leaving. Boruc has done well but he's not in the Frey/Marchetti class. He's less agile and prone to the occasional howler. Cerci shone again and must be nearing an international call up.
Back to top Go down
Purple Hellequin

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:11 am

Totally agree about Boruc - no way should he have let first goal in - should have been 2 steps forward and 1 to the left and there is no way the guy would have scored from that position
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:23 am

A mediocre performance and a mediocre game: that's my summing up of Sunday's goalless draw at Cesena. The only positive thing to come out of it is confirmation (if needed which I doubt) that Mutu is an idiot.
Pass marks to Gambo, Cerci and Jo-Jo and that's about all. Silva worked hard but he doesn't seem to have the poacher's touch. Oh for a Battigol or SuperLuca!
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:36 am

Interesting article on the Viola in yesterday's footballitalia website. Most of it dealt with the Vargas disciplinary problems and Miha's continuing unpopularity but the last paragraph was enlightening. Apparently Miha wanted Babacar to go out on loan for the season but Baba said he wanted to stay at the Franchi and fight for his first team place. Miha promptly dropped him from the first team squad and he's now playing for the Primavera. The supporters are furious. Most reckon that while Gila's missing Baba is a far better option than Silva. I agree with them.
Perhaps someone can confirm or refute this. I seem to remember that Miha was disciplined during his playing days for racial abuse towards a black player. I wonder if continuing racial prejudice is behind his treatment of Baba.
Back to top Go down
Purple Hellequin

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:07 pm

Don't know the ins and outs but I had to laugh when author went on about fatherly arm round shoulder from Prandelli - it is a well known fact CP hardly ever talked to players
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:31 am

Rumour has it that Sunday's game against Genoa is last chance saloon for Miha. Five points out of the last fifteen has not pleased the directors. Personally I can't wait to see the back of him. The only problem is: who comes in? My preference Gasperini is ruled out because of the one club a season management rule in A. I don't want Donadoni as his record of non success speaks for itself. Marino might be an option if he hasn't gone abroad, same applies to Delio Rossi. Looking to Serie B coaches there's Ventura and Novellino who've had experience in A though not a great deal of success. Any other sugggestions?
Back to top Go down
Purple Hellequin

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:43 am

3 names I have heard are Del Neri, Delio Rossi and Ancelotti. out of 3 my pref would be Delio Rossi but my real choice would be Spalletti - as a Viola fan he would walk to Firenze.
Have to say first 45 mins against Gobbi was worst I have ever seen and Boruc proved once again he is not a really fuoiclasse keeper - haven't seen second half yet had to go to work.
As much as I always want Viola to win I hope game against Genoa is 0-0 as I don't want Frey to concede and it would mean end of Miha - apparently Serbia are waiting to give him National job.
Back to top Go down
forzaitalia

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:10 am

Would you not prefer Ancelotti over Delio Rossi? Rossi is a decent manager sure, but Ancelotti would be a great coup IMO. That said, he keeps saying his next job will be in the Premiership.

And I know what you mean about Fiorentina not wanting to win this weekend. I have this problem with Steve Kean at Rovers. Every game is like a lose/lose situation (although maybe on a lesser scale for you guys). And sometimes you do have to take one small step backwards in order to take giant leaps forward in the future.
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:29 am

I didn't realise Ancellotti was still on the broo. Yes, he'd be a good choice, though I wonder if he'd be interested in a club of Fiorentina's stature after Milan and Chelsea.
Latest reports suggest that Miha is to be given the next two games to save his skin, Genoa at home and Chievo away. But if all goes pear shaped against Genoa then he may not have the luxury of the second game.
Back to top Go down
aldair6
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:48 am

Big news coming out of the club this afternoon
Stevan Jovetic has agreed a new contract with the team which runs until June 2016

tutta la mia vita è GIA-LLO-ROSSA?
C'è una ragione:
ho la Roma nel mio cuore
AS Roma, io non vivo senza te
Back to top Go down
http://www.calciouk.com
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:52 am

Delio Rossi will replace Sinisa Mihajlovic as Viola coach some time this week. (Thank heaven!). There has not been an official press release as yet because Miha has apparently not accepted his dismissal. Let's hope he does it quickly so the new man can have ten days to work with the squad.
Back to top Go down
Purple Hellequin

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:55 am

Happy.
Here's to a return to attacking football - probably 4 4 2 with Cerci and Vargas on wings and JoJo playing on Gila's shoulder. a chance for Ljajic to return into squad. Delio Rossi also has a good record against Gobbi
Back to top Go down
Purple Hellequin

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:22 am

4-4-2 in training yesterday with Cerci supporting Gila in attack.
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:20 am

Just seen the squad for tomorrow's game against Milan. Jo-Jo is out with an injury picked up playing for Montenegro this week. Vargas is also out. I'm pleased to see both Campo and Baba in the list though. Hopefully they'll get their chance under Delio Rossi.
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:29 pm

I think we can count that as a moral victory last night. O.K., we rode our luck quite a bit in the first half while the team were getting used to the new tactics, but in the last twenty minutes or so we looked like the Viola of old. Considering that four first team regulars were missing and it was the first time except for a few minutes that Gambo and Nasta were playing together the defence coped well. I was a bit disappointed to see Cerci subbed at half time as I thought he posed more of a threat than Gila and I'd rather have seen Baba on than Silva. However, DR has slightly(!) more experience than me and the end result justified his changes. Roll on next weekend.
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:47 am

I'm looking forward to the Tim cuptie against Empoli tomorrow (live on Al Jazeera Sports). DR has already said that he'll be giving young players a chance this season so I'm expecting to see Campo and Baba in the starting line-up. It's the custom with most clubs to field the second choice goalkeeper in the cup so Neto should be in goal. It will be interesting to see how he shapes up.
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:29 am

Disappointing. Campo only came on for the last sixteen minutes and Baba didn't feature despite being on the bench. Admitted whatever plans DR had were upset by the injury to Kharja in the first half and Vargas had to come on and then Cerci took a knock and had to come off as well. I'm sure Baba would have been a better option than Silva, who continues to disappoint. He works hard, but considering he's supposed to be a striker he just doesn't seem to be getting into positions that would give him a chance to score. Ashong at left back showed some good touches, but he also made a lot of errors and patently isn't ready for Serie A yet. Neto looked the part, made a couple of good saves and commanded his area well. In many ways it was not a good display despite the result. Empoli are not exactly setting the heather on fire in Serie B, yet for a lot of the time they played the better football but lacked a cutting edge up front. I suspect Cerci got man of the match for his two goals, but my personal choice would be Nasta - very impressive once again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   

Back to top Go down

Official Fiorentina Thread
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next