HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Official Fiorentina Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Purple Hellequin

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:21 am

Oh well at least it means Pasqual's crossing will improve
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:07 am

We've also signed Christian Llama from Catania - a speedy midfield left sided attacking player who could be useful, though I don't expect him to be a first team regular. Great to see SuperLuca back, but I wonder how much he has left in the tank at 35. If he can replicate his previous form for us and average a goal every two games or better the season ahead looks bright indeed.
Pasqual's crossing will never improve, but will just look better with a six foot four striker once again! Incidentally, Pasqual succeeds Gambo as the new club captain.
Thankfully Olivera has left and I think someone has picked up on Felipe too. With Vargas also gone discipline on and off the field should be vastly improved.
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:54 am

Despite the defeat I think we can take a lot of positives from last night's game away to Napoli. We played some great football, particularly in the first half. It's good to see creativity in midfield again, something we have been sadly lacking in the past two seasons. If anything we had too much creativity. If, as I suspect, Migliaccio becomes a regular Pizzaro, Borja or Cudrado will have to drop out. I assume SuperLuca isn't fully fit yet, otherwise he would surely have come on in the second half. We posed no aerial threat whatsoever in their area and Toni would have ruffled their defence. I wasn't terribly impressed with El Ham - he looked a bit off the pace, but I was taken with Matias Fernandez, who looked lively and skilful when he came on.
Though they didn't play badly I don't think the back line is as strong as last year. There were few if any better back fours in Serie A than Cassani, Gambo, Natale and Nasta. Roncaglia lacks height, and having seen Gonzalo plenty of times playing for Villareal I'm concerned about his penchant for picking up yellow cards. It's just as well we have Campo and Migliaccio to fill in at the back. To compensate Viviano is a better and more reliable keeper than Boruc.
I still think our chances of a European place rest on whether SuperLuca can get back amongst the goals and take the weight off Jo-Jo's shoulders in that department. Somehow I can't see El Ham getting into double figures.
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:07 am

Just found out today that Babacar is still a Viola player. He's been loaned out to Padova until January. Let's hope he comes back a better and more disciplined player. He had so much potential as a 17 year old it would be a shame if he doesn't make the top grade.
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:30 am

Another fine display of football and three more points. I'm more optimistic now than I have been at any time since Cesare Prandelli left.
A lot of credit has to go to new Sporting Director Daniele Prade. He has signed top quality players, unlike his predecessor who brought in players that weren't Viola standard - Zanetti, Marchionni, Felipe and Boruc to name but four. He also let go better players, most of whom wanted to remain. Examples: Ujfalusi, Frey, Dainelli, Donadel.
I was pleased with the back three yesterday. All three played well and Tomavic has been a revelation so far. I have had doubts about them from their previous clubs and I'm not keen on three at the back at any time, but hopefully they can stay consistent. And wasn't it great to see SuperLuca get his goal. I'm sure my yell of delight must have been heard in Florence!
Back to top Go down
forzaitalia

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:51 am

How did Toni look in general? I remember at times when he played for Roma, but especially when he played for Juventus and Genoa, he looked painfully slow and at times almost like he was unable to move. Will he be used mainly as an impact sub?

Fair play to him for scoring yesterday though, he was lethal in his first spell for you.
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:23 am

He actually looked much fitter than he did when at Roma, though he was only on for less than half an hour so it's difficult to judge. I know Montella is quoted as saying that he was surprised at how fit Toni has looked in training. Admittedly his goal was an easy tap in, but like all top class strikers he was in the right place at the right time. If Jo-Jo and that classy midfield we have now can make the openings I'm sure he'll put them away. Having said that I think his main role will be as a second half sub. VM seems to have settled on Ljajic to partner Jo-Jo up front.
Back to top Go down
aldair6
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:59 am

tutta la mia vita è GIA-LLO-ROSSA?
C'è una ragione:
ho la Roma nel mio cuore
AS Roma, io non vivo senza te
Back to top Go down
http://www.calciouk.com
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:34 am

Interesting article by someone who knows what he is talking about.
Going back to Toni for a moment and a postscript to my comments above. One thing definitely in his favour is his attitude. He's only on 500,000 euros a year, peanuts even with the Viola's stringent budgetting, but he didn't hesitate to sign. I know most players say this sort of thing, but I believe he is genuine when he says his happiest and best days were in Florence. He seems desperate to do well and will get huge support from the fans. After all, he's our second biggest hero of modern times behind Battistuta (though Jo-Jo must be catching up fast!).
Back to top Go down
Purple Hellequin

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:48 am

Good article except for one thing - what below par performance by Fiorentina against Napoli - Viola were best team on park and neither Napoli goal should have stood - first was from a non existent free kick and on second there were 5 Napoli players in offside position.

Toni has been promised 250,000 bonus if he scores ten or more.

Jocksboy I am not sure why you are so upset about departure of Nastasic 24 mill ( claimed on one Viola site plus player who is worth 6 )

17 Mar 2012

Boruc,Natali,Cassani,Pasqual,Nastasic,Vargas,Montolivo,Lazzari,Olivera,Amauri,Cerci

Neto,De Silvestri,Gamberini,Kharja,Salifu,Marchionni,Acosty

Line up against Gobbi that lost 0-5. Only 5 of above are still on books and I have read this is reason that there was such a big turnover in summer - ADV wanted rid of them for above result.
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:29 am

Disappointed more than upset. I thought in Nastasic and Campo we had a central defence that could be among the best for years to come. However, if the present back three can keep up their current form my regrets will soon disappear.
Entirely agree with you about the Napoli game. Even with the breaks going against us I think we could have still won if Toni had been fit enough to come on for half an hour. We were crying out for some height in the area to put their defence under more pressure.
I'm sure ADV was thinking along the same lines as us and wanted those players out for more than the Parma result. I'd have kept Gambo though. He wasn't playing so he can't be blamed for that particular shambles.
Back to top Go down
Purple Hellequin

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:18 am

Gambo didn't believe in project anymore - thought we needed a tinker rather than the overhaul - even though he was still a good player wwas never going to be as good as he was 3 years ago - also seemed to be becoming injury prone
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:47 am

Great victory. We played some superb football and shown the rest of Serie A we're not a one man band anymore. There is so much creativity in midfield now that Jo-Jo was hardly missed. Borja and Pizzarro were immense, but everyone played their part. Without taking anything away from VM, who's doing a terrific job, I can't help wondering how much Prandelli could have achieved with a squad of this quality.
Unfortunately I'm a life long pessimist and I can see clouds on the horizon. Other and bigger clubs, in Italy and elsewhere, must be looking hard at the likes of Borja, Gonzalo, Roncaglia and Cuadrado, not to mention Jo-Jo, so I'm dreading the January transfer window. If suitable offers come along it will be hard to hang on to all of them. In the longer term, too, I see a problem. How long can we keep Montella? Both Roma and Milan are showing interest already and no matter how happy and commited he is at the Franchi it would be difficult for him to turn down the offer of more money and greater prestige.
Note to Purple Hellequin - one thing VM hasn't been able to do is improve Pasqual's crossing. He's getting worse instead of better, despite having SuperLuca to aim at!
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:49 am

Breaking news. La Viola are to make an effort to bring Alessandro Matri to the Franchi in january (according to Football Italia). This would be a massive boost. Matri is a player I've long admired, ever since his days at Rimini in fact and would be a huge addition to our strike force. He would thrive on the service from Jo-Jo and our brilliant midfielders. I do hope it comes off.
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:14 am

I see Daniel Prade has said that Fiorentina are unlikely to sign any players in the transfer window because (quote) the squad is strong enough providing all the players are fit (unquote). Agreed, but all the players aren't fit all the time and suspensions will take their toll. I'd like to see another central defender in - Roncaglia and Gonzalo are somewhat prone to yellow cards - and I'd hoped we would pusrsue the interest in Matri. With Jo-Jo's fitness regularly suspect too much weight falls on to Toni's shoulders. If he can keep fit and keep on scoring then all will be well, but Matri would thrive on the service from midfield and could be the difference between a real scudetto challenge or merely a place in Europe.
And please can we get shot of Olivera. The guy's nothing but a liability. If the referee had seen that stamp on Pjanic in the Roma match we'd have been left with ten men for three-quarters of the game and probably got a real thrashing. I hate to criticise VM when he's doing so well, but I canot understand why he prefers Olivera to Migliaccio in the defensive midfield position. Migliacccio is a far better player and knows the meaning of the word discipline.
Back to top Go down
Purple Hellequin

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:31 am

Think Prade's comments are nothing more than a smokescreen. Have heard van Wolfswinkel is major target as is Biglia who has been linked before. El Hamdaoui probably on way out with Cassani

Great season so far apart from referees - think apart from them we would have about 10 points more
Back to top Go down
Purple Hellequin

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:42 am

Looks like Giuseppe Rossi is on point of becoming a Fiorentina player - excellent news.
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:12 am

Agreed, depending on his fitness. I take it he'll be used as an out and out striker and if he is fit that will be a major plus as the Matri possibility seems to be a dead duck. Sorry to see Cassani go. With the inevitable suspensions to other defenders I feel he would be worth keeping, but I suppose he's looking for a return to the Azzuri squad and wants to be playing regularly.
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:21 pm

There's to be a bit of a January clearout it appears. Romulo is going (not sure where). Llama is off to Chievo, Seferovic is going on loan to Siena and Olivera on loan to Genoa. Hopefully the last named will never come back!
Interesting story. It seems that attempts were made to lure Antonio di Natale to Florence in the transfer window. Apparently Montella and di Natale have been close friends over many years. When di Natale (who's from Naples originally) joined Empoli as a 16 year old he quickly got homesick and ran away back to Naples twice. On each occasion Montella, who was one of the older boys at Empoli, was sent to bring him back. After the second time the club moved di Natale into the same digs as Montella and their friendship dates from that time. What a shame the move didn't come off. The thought of di Natale in the current Viola team is mouth-watering to say the least.
Back to top Go down
forza sampdoria

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:05 am

Great Story there Jocksboy!
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:22 am

No thanks to referee Russo and his assistants that we won yesterday. Two obvious handball incidents by Parma defenders, one in the box and one just outside, were ignored by the officials and two wrong offside decisions robbed Luca Toni of two goals. Coupled with the dreadful penalty award to Milan last night it makes one wonder if league positions are going to be decided by match officials and not what happens on the park.
Italian referees used to be the best in the world but the standard has fallen drastically. In my opinion only Rizzoli and Orsato are world class now and if one of these two isn't handling our game at Juventus next Saturday I don't give much for our chances of coming away with any sort of result.
Back to top Go down
forzaitalia

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:25 am

Mario Gomez to Fiorentina, quality signing. And probably confirmation of another club that will finish above Roma Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
Mi piace calcio

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:28 pm

^^^Yeah, great player. Well done Fiorentina.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   

Back to top Go down

Official Fiorentina Thread
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6