Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Official Fiorentina Thread

Go down 
+5
ancient milanista
aldair6
Jocksboy
forzaitalia
Purple Hellequin
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Jocksboy

Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 1:20 am

If DR didn't realise the size of the task he had he does now after that dismal display at Palermo. We never looked like being able to score goals of the quality shown by Miccoli and Ilijic.
I'm beginning to wonder whether Baba has an attitude problem or is not working hard enough in training. He wasn't on the bench on Saturday, yet surely he must be a better option up front than Gila who's completely lost his scoring touch or Silva who never had one to start with. Number one priority in January must be a proven striker. Unfortunately there aren't many around. The only two names I can come up with are Maxi Lopez who's out of favour at Catania and Marco Boriello, likewise at Roma. I just hope they don't start looking in Serie B. Remember we got our fingers burned in the past with Cacia and Bonazzoli. In any case the top scorer in B just now is Tavano of Empoli and he has shown both at Roma and Livorno that he is not good enough for Serie A.
I wonder too if Gambo is the right choice as captain. Like Monto last season he seems to be too quiet. It's a pity Donadel is gone as he led both verbally and by example. Trouble is there's no one of his calibre in the team just now. Natali is the most forceful but I'm not sure he would make a good leader either.
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 3:36 am

I think yesterdya's game showed how much we need Jo-Jo fit, well and playing. All our forward play stems from him and he seems to be the only one who knows where the goal is. History was made - Silva actually scored a goal, albeit from the penalty spot. Credit where it's due, it was a brilliantly taken penalty. Once again the central defence looked solid. Gambo was outstanding and Nasta gave another impeccable display. What a find this boy is. I wonder how long we'll be able to keep him.
On the credit side Campo has signed a new contract that will keep him at the Franchi until 2016 - or provide a hefty transfer fee should he be sold.
Back to top Go down
Purple Hellequin

Purple Hellequin

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 9:28 pm

Looks like taboo of playing against big 4 has been broken . 4 points from 6 for Delio Rossi - expect at least a point against Inter.

Rumours have Luca Toni coming back.
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 3:28 am

If that news about SuperLuca had been three years ago I'd have been jumping for joy. Sadly he's not looked impressive at Roma or Juve and I'm wondering whether he's maybe past it. However he's still probably marginally better than an under performing Gila and the hard working but goal shy Silva. At least the crosses from Pasqual and Di Silvestri could find their mark again. Now if we get offered Matri....
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 4:58 am

No Jo-Jo plus no Cerci equals no goals. We MUST augment the striking department when the transfer window opens. Actually I thought we put up a reasonable show with some nice football at times. With a bit more fire power up front we could easily have got a draw. I was impresed with Salifu when he came on. His positioning is good and his passing was first class. In hindsight it might have been better starting with him instead of Munari.
Jo-Jo has a trapped nerve in his hip which is causing him a good deal of pain. He is undergoing remedial treatment and hopefully will not need surgery. There's no word of when he'll be back though.
Back to top Go down
Purple Hellequin

Purple Hellequin

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 10:54 pm

It appears except for Neto, Nastasic, gamberini, Behrami and JoJo the whole squad is available for transfer if decent offers are received - a major reconstruction is underway
Back to top Go down
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 4:29 am

Purple Hellequin wrote:
It appears except for Neto, Nastasic, gamberini, Behrami and JoJo the whole squad is available for transfer if decent offers are received - a major reconstruction is underway

That sounds pretty drastic!
Back to top Go down
forzaitalia

forzaitalia

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 12:36 pm

Heard Gila linked with Genoa?
Back to top Go down
Purple Hellequin

Purple Hellequin

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 6:05 pm

Gilardino has gone - Cerci being linked with Espanyol
Back to top Go down
aldair6
Admin
aldair6

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 11:37 pm

I would not mind either of them at Roma. Any people linked to coming into to Florence Purple Hellequin?
Back to top Go down
http://www.calciouk.com
Purple Hellequin

Purple Hellequin

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 12:09 am

Not at present.
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 3:01 am

There's been one or two rumours but no hard facts. One that I'd like to be true is that Diego Milito could be interested in a move to the Franchi. He'd be just about my first choice as a replacement for Gila. Floccari has also been in the frame, as has Macheda, though from what I saw of him om loan with Sampdoria last season I don't think he's worth the risk. I've also seen Carlo Cuducini mentioned as a back up or replacement for Boruc. No doubt much will be revealed in the coming four weeks. Watch this space.
Back to top Go down
Purple Hellequin

Purple Hellequin

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 12:18 am

No replacement for Gila before June unless on loan.
Natali linked with Milan, Roma and samp
De Natali to Udinese
Babacar on loan to Brescia
Silva back to Argentina
Munari and Ljajic to samp for Palombo and Pozzi

Al current rumours

Jocksboy as much as I would like to see Milito at Franchi I think it can be discounted as Viola have a very strict salary cap - I can't see Milito accepting £20,000 a week, must be on 4 times that at Inter.
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 3:29 am

I don't know. He wouldn't have been on much more than that at Genoa. He doesn't look the playboy type, looks as if he enjoys playing and may be willing to accept a drop in wages just to get playing regularly. Don't fancy Pozzi much. Palombo's O.K. but is there room for both him and Behrami in the midfield? They're very similar players. Personally I wish they'd forget the two of them and bring back Marco Donadel, who's not even on the bench at Napoli. Another name I've heard mentioned is Iaquinta on loan till the end of the season. Good man at club level though I have never been impressed by his Azurri form and I reckon he'd be more prolific than Gila. If Silva's going and we don't get Floccari it seems foolish to send Baba out on loan unless there are disciplinary problems.
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 3:30 am

Latest name to hit the striker rumour mill is Palermo's Pinilla. Not sure about him. If he can't become a regular at Palermo I don't think he's Viola standard. Also I seem to remember that about three years ago he was playing for a club in Serie B (could have been Pescara or Piacenza but I could well be wrong). He scored something like 21 goals in 19 games then disappeared. Nobody, least of all the club, knew where he was. He turned up again near the end of the season but the mystery of his disappearance was never explained that I saw anywhere. Suggests he may be trouble..
Back to top Go down
Purple Hellequin

Purple Hellequin

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 4:41 am

Used to be a Jambo as well. Also being linked with Zarate and get this Bobby Zamora.
Back to top Go down
Purple Hellequin

Purple Hellequin

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 10:13 pm

Boruc and Cerci next to leave ?
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 2:45 am

Boruc can leave anytime but I'd like to keep Cerci. He's entertaining and though unpredictable can perplex opposing teams with his unorthodox approach. I see we've approached Udinese for Candreva on loan until June, but been told that we have to negotiate with Cesena where he's currently on loan.
One bit of good news - Gambo has said once again that he wants to spend his entire career with the Viola. (Mind you, didn't Dainelli say that too some time ago and look what happened to him!)
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 3:24 am

Provided the clubs can agree on terms Amauri will be a Viola player within the next 48 hours. Provided his attitude is right this could be a good acquisition. He proved at Palermo that he can score goals and possibly he is a player more suited to a provincial club than one of the big city clubs. Short of getting Matri or Milito this is probably as good as striker deal as we can get.
Back to top Go down
Purple Hellequin

Purple Hellequin

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 3:49 am

Is aying he would rather play for Roma. Being linked with Ricky van Wolfswinkel from Sporting and Lucas Biglia from Anderlecht
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 3:33 am

Amauri goes to Florence tomorrow for a medical. This presupposes that we've reached agreement on the fee with Juventus and also that Amauri has agreed personal terms.
The last two games have proved how desperately we need an out and out striker. Amauri wou;dn't have been my first choice, but he's probably the best option available. A lot depends on his mental attitude, but surely he'll feel he has something to prove and play accordingly. Here's hoping.
Interesting to see that Gila hasn't found the net in his first three outings with Genoa.
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 3:17 am

Well, that's it settled. Amauri is with us until the end of the season with an option on a further contract. He's been saying in interviews that he has something to prove to himself, if not Juventus, which is a good sign. The main thing is that, scoring or not, he is a presence in the penalty box. Latterly Gila wasn't and none of our other forward players are, so this has to be a plus. For his and the club's sake I hope he does well.
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 3:38 am

According to Football Italia website Rueben Olivera is undergoing a medical today and if all clear will sign for the Viola until 2014. (Meantime former player Bojinov is headed for Lecce.) I'm not ecstatic about this. From what I've seen of him at Lecce he hasn't exactly set the heather on fire and he's certainly no better than Kharja or Lazzari. We'd have been much better spending the money on a support striker.
Back to top Go down
Purple Hellequin

Purple Hellequin

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 3:03 am

We have a back up striker - El Hamdauoi is signing from Ajax also Pizarro from Lanus . Munari to Samp.
Expect next few hours to be very busy.

Very impressed with Amauri on Sunday
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 3:37 am

Me too. He gave us a phusical presence in the box, something we haven't had since the days of SuperLuca. Let's hope he continues with the same dedication and enthusiasm. Never heard of El Hamdauoi. Is he any good? Also heard we've signed some Danish wonderkid. Munari no loss.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Fiorentina Thread
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next