Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Official Fiorentina Thread

Go down 
+5
ancient milanista
aldair6
Jocksboy
forzaitalia
Purple Hellequin
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Purple Hellequin

Purple Hellequin

Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 4:38 am

Signed by Tottenham and Derby - never played in Premier for Spurs but scored in Carling Cup - bit injury prone but until he fell out with De Boer scored 21 in 27 last season . He is Dutch /Moroccan.
The Pizarro we have signed is Guido - too many Pizarros arond for my liking. Danish wonderkid ios called Zohore.
In last few minutes exchange De Silvestri for Mesto has been called off with Genoa
Back to top Go down
Purple Hellequin

Purple Hellequin

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 8:06 am

El Hamdaoui deal called off at last minute,.
From next season we will be wearing Joma kits
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 3:27 am

No further word on reuben Olivera. Is he at the Franchi or not? Kharja has departed.
Back to top Go down
Purple Hellequin

Purple Hellequin

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 3:40 am

Olivera should be as he has chosen no 10
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 11:40 pm

Baba has gone on loan to Racing Santander in Spain. He came on as a sub a few minutes from the end of yesterday's game against Atletico Madrid. He had a couple of good runs, one excellent cross and committed one foul. Racing's main striker Stuani is suspended for next week, so Baba might be on from the start.
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 3:29 am

That was a vital three points yesterday. I had mixed feelings about the performance. We played some excellent football at times, certainly far far better than the rubbish Miha produced, yet there's still something missing. Not for the first time this season I realised how much we are missing Marco Donadel. Yesterday's four in midfield were basically attackers; there was no-one breaking up the opposition's play in front of the back four or showing the drive that Donadel provided. Behrami has some of Marco's assets but he's not nearly such a good player. I think our back four deserve great credit for the way they've played this season as they've had to take so much pressure due to failings in front of them.
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 2:31 am

Oh no. Rumoured today that the board are thinking of sacking DR and bringing back Miha. Backward step in my opinion and increases the chances of relegation, not to mention a return to negative football.
Back to top Go down
Mi piace calcio

Mi piace calcio

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 6:32 am

^^^^That would be crazy. Surely Rossi is a better bet than Miha.
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 2:39 am

Better news today. Miha has said that he doesn't want to return. Looks like DR will be given the chance to get us out of the mess we're in. Mind you, I don't envy him the job. There are too many players not pulling their weight or just not up to standard. To make matters worse Jo-Jo was off form on Saturday and so much revolves around him. Let's hope it was only a one-off. While Amauri has disappointed so far he is at least trying and surely must start scoring soon.
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 4:36 am

I like to daydream and as a lifelong football fan many of my mental wanderings are on that subject. For my latest dream project I have fantasised about succeeding Corvino as the Viola's new sporting director. Assuming we stay in Serie A how would I improve our fortunes next season?
My retained list would be: Neto, Cassani, Gamberini, Camporese, Nastasic, Pasqual, Salifu, Jovetic, Ljajic and Babacar. I thought long and hard over the last two. Ljajic has flattered to deceive and Baba has not shown up well in his loan spoell at Santander. However, both are young and have talent and deserve one more year to prove they can make it in Serie A. I would have kept Natali, but he's made it clear he's away at the end of the season.
In considering who to bring in I've only looked at players who should be 'gettable' and who would accept the wage restraints imposed by the Board. I'd be looking to create a more attck minded team, with a 4-3-1-2 formation for most matches. I started with the midfield and here my prime target would be Cossu, the Cagliari fantasista. He has flair, vision and skill and the ability to make those defence splitting passes that set up the strikers. We haven't had a player of his ilk since Rui Costa.
Palermo seem happy to transfer players here there and everywhere so my next target would be Migliaccio. Miccoli may be the star of the rosaneri, but Migliaccio is the heart of the team. He's strong in defence, adept at turning defence into attack and can score the odd goal at set pieces. As a bonus he can play in central defence in an emergency. To complete the three man midfield I go to (almost certain to be) relegated Novara for Marco Rigoni. He's been by far their best player all season. He motors tirelessly up and down the left flank, takes great free kicks and can score a few goals for good measure. Jo-Jo of course would be the man behind the front two.
We've suffered much in the past couple of years by only having one recognised out and out striker. I'd be looking for three, plus Baba. I'd take a gamble on Serie B's capo cannonieri Ciro Immobile. Contrary to his name he's very mobile, big and strong, good in the air and on the ground and knows where the goal is. I know there's a huge difference between the two divisions but I see no reason why he shouldn't manage 10 to 15 goals a season in the top flight. Alongside him I'd go for Sergio Floccari. I know he hasn't always shone with previous clubs but I still rate him. He has good positional sense, works hard and is adept at drawing defenders out of position. He can usually guarantee 10 goals a season.
Both Immobile and Floccari like to wander out to the wings, so for an alternative I'd like the third striker to be more direct. Tomasso Rocchi would be ideal, but I understand he's on 4m euro at Lazio and I can't see him accepting less than half that. Instead I'd turn to Spain for Almmeria's Argentinian hitman Jose Ulloa. The Spanish Segunda division is notoriously hard to score in. Ulloa has talled 24 to date (his nearest rival is on 14) which says it all.
In Natali's pace I'd head for relegated Cesena and sign Von Bergen. He's not as good in the air as Natali but positions himself well and uses the ball intelligently. I think he and Gambo would work well together.
That leaves the No. 1 spot and here it's a matter of ifs and buts. It's a pity we didn't go for Marchetti when he was available - I rate him as the second best Italian born 'keeper behind Buffon. Should Genoa go down I'd try and persuade Seb Frey to come back where he belongs. Failing this I'd try to tempt Sirigu back home from the frozen streets of Russia. Viviano's a possibility - he's a lifelong Viola fan which is an added attraction - but Inter may be hard to deal with. My final option would be Sorrentino of Chievo. He's not spectacular but is a very sound last line who commands his area well.
I'd keep Delio Rossi as tactician, but should he decide to leave I hear that a certain Roberto Baggio is currently taking his coaching certificates. What a return to the Franchi that would be!
So my chosen line up is: Frey; Cassani, Gamborese, Von Bergen, Nastasic; Cossu, Migliaccio, M. Rigoni; Jovetic; Immobile, Floccari. In panchina: Neto, Camporese, Pasqual, Salifu, Ljajic, Babacar.
Comments are invited.
Back to top Go down
Markmilan

Markmilan

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 10:30 pm

Jocksboy wrote:
I like to daydream and as a lifelong football fan many of my mental wanderings are on that subject. For my latest dream project I have fantasised about succeeding Corvino as the Viola's new sporting director. Assuming we stay in Serie A how would I improve our fortunes next season?

I do the same but succeeding Galliani!!

Good call on Baggio if Delio Rossi were to leave.
Back to top Go down
Purple Hellequin

Purple Hellequin

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 1:52 am

I would say there are only 5 players guaranteed to be wearing the jersey next season.
Camporese
Nastasic
Pasqual
Jo Jo unless we receive a totally ludicrous offer.
Neto and that has only occurred in last week as there was talk of Viviano.
I would hold off on coach until we see who is available - Allegri will probably be out of Milan if they fail to win Scudetto and Spalletti is looking for a return home and as a supporter has always said he intends to be coach one day.
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 9:09 pm

Surely Gambo will stay - he's said he wants to end his career with the Viola. Though mind you, Dainelli had the same desire and had to go! Allegri would be a terrific capture as manager. I rate him very higly: perhaps the best manager currently in Serie A. Don't fancy Spaletti. He tends to set up a pattern of play and stick to it no matter what. Still think it would be great to have RB back and in charge, though.
Back to top Go down
Purple Hellequin

Purple Hellequin

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 10:32 pm

If Rossi stays , Gambo will go - prob back to Bologna. Not sure about RB - great players not making great coaches and all that - would love to be proved wrong though.
Back to top Go down
Purple Hellequin

Purple Hellequin

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 12:04 am

Sorry should be 6 , I forgot Behrami.
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 2:41 am

You beat me to it - I was going to post today that Behrami is on a long term contract, though Juventus were said to be interested. I'm sure if anyone offered a big enough fee he'd be away. Can't say I'd shed too many tears if that happened. I'm not one of his biggest fans.
Just remembered - Olivera is contracted until 2014. I've a nasty feeling we're going to be stuck with him - I can't see anyone with any sense wanting to buy him. For me that was one of Corvino's worst mistakes, ranking equal to the signing of Zanetti and Marchionni two years ago.
Back to top Go down
Purple Hellequin

Purple Hellequin

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 3:05 am

Oriali looks to be fave to replace Corvino
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 2:20 am

Seems that Viviano is a possibilty after all. It depends on whether Inter want to keep him or not. He has publicly stated it is his dream as a lifelong fan to play for the Viola. Let's hope it comes true.
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 2:36 am

"Sacked Fiorentina boss Delio Rossi has been handed a three-month ban by the disciplinary panel for his attack on Adem Ljajic.

TV evidence was examined this morning and Rossi, replaced by Vincenzo Guerini today, has been punished with a lengthy suspension – although one that will be served during the summer months."

Unfortunately Al Jazeera didn't show the game so I've only seen a fuzzy video. According to RAI teletext Ljajic was substituted in the middle of the first half and clapped Rossi sarcastically as he came off the pitch. Maybe DR's reaction was over the top and he should have left recriminations until after the game, but I do tend to feel sorry for him. In his place I'd probably have reacted in the same way.
The search is now on for a successor. Allegri would be fantastic but somehow I can't see it coming off. There are rumours that Prandelli will be leaving the Azzuri job after Euro 2012. I'd love to have him back (though it maybe wouldn't please at least one of the contributors to this thread!).
P.S. An addition to Corvino's list of disaster signings - Felipe. What a wastee of money he was.

Back to top Go down
forzaitalia

forzaitalia

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 8:23 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wuenaf3fxwE

Check it out here.

It doesn't show him sarcastically clapping in this video, but he did do it just before the thumbs up.
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 2:16 am

According to RAI teletext last night Ljajic has been axed from the Fiorentina first team squad. Quite right too. No matter what the judgment is on Rossi's action you do not provoke your boss the way he did in any job.
I suspect we have seen the last of young Adem in a Viola jersey.
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 8:47 pm

Vincenzo Montella is the latest name to emerge as a possible replacement for Delio Rossi. Would be a good choice, but will he leave Catania?
Back to top Go down
Mi piace calcio

Mi piace calcio

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 9:59 pm

I think Catania are already resigned to losing him. They always seem to talk in terms of trying to hang onto him for one more year before he inevitably leaves rather than stating that he isn't going anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Purple Hellequin

Purple Hellequin

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 12:35 am

Good news for you Jocksboy - Donadel is being linked with a return in summer.
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 5:21 am

I'm chuffed to hear that - he's always been a favourite of mine and his work rate and enthusiasm is a shining example to those around him. The only fly in the ointment is that he's supposedly been injured for most of this season. If he's fit then it's a big boost for us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Fiorentina Thread   Official Fiorentina Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Fiorentina Thread
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next