Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Confederation's Cup

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

Confederation's Cup Empty
PostSubject: Confederation's Cup   Confederation's Cup I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 1:01 am

SATURDAY, JUNE 15, 2013
TimeHome AwayStageVenue
20:00 BSTBrazil v JapanGroup AEstádio Nacional Mané Garrincha
SUNDAY, JUNE 16, 2013
TimeHome AwayStageVenue
20:00 BSTMexico v ItalyGroup AEstadio do Maracanã
23:00 BSTSpain v UruguayGroup BArena Pernambuco
MONDAY, JUNE 17, 2013
TimeHome AwayStageVenue
20:00 BSTTahiti v NigeriaGroup BEstadio Mineirão
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 19, 2013
TimeHome AwayStageVenue
20:00 BSTBrazil v MexicoGroup ACastelão
23:00 BSTItaly v JapanGroup AArena Pernambuco
THURSDAY, JUNE 20, 2013
TimeHome AwayStageVenue
20:00 BSTSpain v TahitiGroup BEstadio do Maracanã
23:00 BSTNigeria v UruguayGroup BArena Fonte Nova
SATURDAY, JUNE 22, 2013
TimeHome AwayStageVenue
20:00 BSTItaly v BrazilGroup AArena Fonte Nova
20:00 BSTJapan v MexicoGroup AEstadio Mineirão
SUNDAY, JUNE 23, 2013
TimeHome AwayStageVenue
20:00 BSTNigeria v SpainGroup BCastelão
20:00 BSTUruguay v Tahiti
Back to top Go down
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

PostSubject: Re: Confederation's Cup   Confederation's Cup I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 1:07 am

The matches are being shown live on either BBC1 or BBC3

I'd put it onto the above, but it is in table form and it's simpler just to let you know. (And saves the risk of messing it up Very Happy)

Well Italy certainly can't perform any worse than they did in South Africa Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Mi piace calcio

Mi piace calcio

PostSubject: Re: Confederation's Cup   Confederation's Cup I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 5:53 am

Italy about to kick off against Mexico. Prandelli has picked a strong team. 10 of the 11 come from Milan/Juve with De Rossi the only exception.
Back to top Go down
Mi piace calcio

Mi piace calcio

PostSubject: Re: Confederation's Cup   Confederation's Cup I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 6:00 am

Andrea Pirlo 100 caps. What a legend.
Back to top Go down
Mi piace calcio

Mi piace calcio

PostSubject: Re: Confederation's Cup   Confederation's Cup I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 6:28 am

What a freekick Andrea Pirlo!!!
Back to top Go down
Mi piace calcio

Mi piace calcio

PostSubject: Re: Confederation's Cup   Confederation's Cup I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 6:37 am

1-1 Hernandez penalty. Barzagli got himself into unnecessary trouble when it was easier to boot the ball clear.
Back to top Go down
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

PostSubject: Re: Confederation's Cup   Confederation's Cup I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 7:52 am

Balotelli's goal gives Italy a 2-1 win in a decent performance.
Back to top Go down
forzaitalia

forzaitalia

PostSubject: Re: Confederation's Cup   Confederation's Cup I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 10:08 am

Agree yeah, good performance. Pirlo's free kick was absolute magic, Balotelli did well for his goal too.

Watching Spain-Uruguay atm, 2-0 to Spain. They've been quality. And they play Tahiti later in the week Shocked
Back to top Go down
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

PostSubject: Re: Confederation's Cup   Confederation's Cup I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 10:41 am

Tahiti??????????  How many footballers do they have.

And  COMPLETELY off topic, well done to Justin Rose for winning the US Open.  Missed a lot of the Spain match watching it.
Back to top Go down
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

PostSubject: Re: Confederation's Cup   Confederation's Cup I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 10:54 am

Spain won 2-1 in a rather spicey encounter. Saurez score a free kick as good as Pirlo's.
Back to top Go down
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

PostSubject: Re: Confederation's Cup   Confederation's Cup I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 9:07 am

Well I didn't Zaccheroni was manager of Japan. And right now they are causing Italy some embarrassment.
Back to top Go down
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

PostSubject: Re: Confederation's Cup   Confederation's Cup I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 10:51 am

Finishes Italy 4 -3 Japan. 

But goodness knows how. They were 2-0 down ad the defence was bad. Japan were slaughtering Italy at times.  Buffon had the poorest game I have seen from him and could have been sent off at the pen, although I'm not sure of the foul.

But it was a fantastic game to watch!
Back to top Go down
Solo Inter

Solo Inter

PostSubject: Re: Confederation's Cup   Confederation's Cup I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 11:35 am

First of all, what a game to watch!!

Italy were very, very poor for long periods tonight. 
Movement was lethargic and their ball retention was terrible, however, the grit and determination weshowed to get the result speaks volumes about the work Prandelli has done for Italy. W
inning when you play badly is a sign of a top side.
Back to top Go down
Mi piace calcio

Mi piace calcio

PostSubject: Re: Confederation's Cup   Confederation's Cup I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 6:50 pm

Amazing comeback!
Back to top Go down
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

PostSubject: Re: Confederation's Cup   Confederation's Cup I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 2:14 am

Did you watch it after all mpc.  It really was a good match to watch, unless you had a heart condition, were the manager, or both!.

Who said Italian football was boring?
Back to top Go down
Mi piace calcio

Mi piace calcio

PostSubject: Re: Confederation's Cup   Confederation's Cup I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 2:24 am

I watched the first half hour and then went to bed. I watched the highlights today on youtube. I will have to miss the brazil game as I am out on saturday night.
Back to top Go down
forzaitalia

forzaitalia

PostSubject: Re: Confederation's Cup   Confederation's Cup I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 8:53 am

Watched it all last night. Thought Italy were actually really poor apart from the 10 mins before HT and the 10 mins after - but a win's a win!

Japan were really impressive, some very good players. They could quite easily have nicked it too, was unbelievable when they hit the post then bar straight after.

Spain won 10-0 v Tahiti.
Back to top Go down
Mi piace calcio

Mi piace calcio

PostSubject: Re: Confederation's Cup   Confederation's Cup I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 9:56 pm

I've just watched the highlights from last night. Brazil looked pretty good. Buffon could perhaps have done better with a couple of their goals. Giaccherini's goal was good.
Back to top Go down
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

PostSubject: Re: Confederation's Cup   Confederation's Cup I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 10:36 pm

There has been quite a bit of criticism of Buffon in this tournament. Suggestion is that age is catching up with him.  But he owes Italy nothing.

Second half was pretty entertaining, 1st was too disjointed and they were dropping like flies. The incident for Abate's injury looked totally innocuous but:

http://www.football-italia.net/35636/confederations-over-abate

Can't see Italy beating Spain on their showings so far tbh.
Back to top Go down
forzaitalia

forzaitalia

PostSubject: Re: Confederation's Cup   Confederation's Cup I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 6:17 am

I don't think Buffon was at fault for anything in the Japan game (won the ball for the penalty, no chance with the other 2) but yeah last night he perhaps should have done better with Fred's second and perhaps even Dante's. AM's right though, he's that much of a legend he should be beyond criticism!

Spain on Thursday then.......
Back to top Go down
forzaitalia

forzaitalia

PostSubject: Re: Confederation's Cup   Confederation's Cup I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 12:47 am

The Azzurri were unlucky last night. Had a couple of chances first half that could, maybe should, have been put away, and then obviously Giaccherini's in ET. Although that was pretty unlucky.

And then 13 out of 14 penalties were placed to absolute perfection - just a shame about Bonucci's!

Encouraging stuff though overall.
Back to top Go down
Mi piace calcio

Mi piace calcio

PostSubject: Re: Confederation's Cup   Confederation's Cup I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 6:58 am

I missed the whole thing as my TV and internet were down all of last night. I've watched the highlights and I agree with you FI, it is very encouraging.
Back to top Go down
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

PostSubject: Re: Confederation's Cup   Confederation's Cup I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 5:59 am

Mi piace calcio wrote:
I missed the whole thing as my TV and internet were down all of last night. I've watched the highlights and I agree with you FI, it is very encouraging.

That's a bit of a bummer!

Just watched the 3rd place play off which was much more entertaining than these usually are. After 2-2 at full time a win for Italy on penalties, Buffon shoving his detractors' words back down their throats with his penalty saves.

I was apprehensive with no Pirlo, Balotelli but they played pretty well.

Italy got a lucky first goal, the ball deflecting of the goalie's back for Astori to make sure practically on the line, then Cavania equalized scoring across Buffon. Two great free kick goals, first from Diamante, a great swerver, then Cavani equalized on 77'. Montilovo was sent of 10' from the end of extra time for a second yellow card.

Then to pens, di Sciglio's was saved -as he set up to take a short run up you just knew he would. But Buffon was brilliant in the shootout.

So now that's over they can all get back to pre-season training.Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Mi piace calcio

Mi piace calcio

PostSubject: Re: Confederation's Cup   Confederation's Cup I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 8:38 pm

Brazil beat Spain 3-0 in the final. I didn't manage to catch the final or the 3rd place play off. I'll watch the goals on youtube.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Confederation's Cup   Confederation's Cup I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Confederation's Cup
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Football :: International Football-
Jump to: