Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Championship Thread

Go down 
+3
forzaitalia
aldair6
ancient milanista
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
forza sampdoria

forza sampdoria

Championship Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Championship Thread   Championship Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 10:31 pm

ancient milanista wrote:
forza sampdoria wrote:
ancient milanista wrote:
forza sampdoria wrote:
Oh to be in the championship.....a couple of years ago I was in dispair at the Blades being in this league....now it would seem like manner from heaven!!!

Haha, I was straight on to my Owls fan friends inviting them down to go and watch Derby v Sheff. Wed. on the opening day.

You blew it didn't you?

OK don't rub it in....cried all the way home from wembley....well I might have done if I had not come to expect such happenings.....still waiting for a shot on goal in 4 play off finals.

Of course, Burnley did you once didn't they?

I have only just got over that Sad

We have lost to some really crap teams in the play offs.
Back to top Go down
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

PostSubject: Re: Championship Thread   Championship Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 3:14 am

forza sampdoria wrote:

We have lost to some really crap teams in the play offs.

Ouch, just because we got relegated again.
Back to top Go down
forza sampdoria

forza sampdoria

PostSubject: Re: Championship Thread   Championship Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 11:31 pm

FAO forzaitalia:-

I notcied that CKR has signed fro Blackburn? always rated him when he was at the Blades, great in possesion of the ball! not all did though at Bramall Lane - use to watching crap from the Warnock era!

and oh yes we got Blackman - what is he like?
Back to top Go down
forzaitalia

forzaitalia

PostSubject: Re: Championship Thread   Championship Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 11:48 pm

Yeah we've got CKR, hopefully he'll do alright. Should do a decent job in the Championship.

Blackman barely played for our first team, although when he did, briefly in Carling Cup games for example, he didn't look much good at all tbh! He did quite well in a loan spell at Motherwell not long back though, so he might be alright for League 1. Didn't he score the other night?
Back to top Go down
forzaitalia

forzaitalia

PostSubject: Re: Championship Thread   Championship Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 7:39 am

I see the Dingles beat Bolton yesterday. Coyle must surely be coming under some pressure by now, abysmal season last season and a dodgy start to this one.

Rovers v Hull on Wednesday, aldair. Wouldn't be surprised if you win. I don't think too much of Bruce as a manager but he's Bill Shankley compared to the bald bastard.
Back to top Go down
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

PostSubject: Re: Championship Thread   Championship Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 7:58 am

forzaitalia wrote:
I see the Dingles beat Bolton yesterday. Coyle must surely be coming under some pressure by now, abysmal season last season and a dodgy start to this one.

He got a vitriolic reception at Turf Moor. which is not surprising really. Burnley's manager looks younger than ever. Great own goal by your lad.
Back to top Go down
forzaitalia

forzaitalia

PostSubject: Re: Championship Thread   Championship Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 1:26 am

Rovers paying £8m for Jordan Rhodes. He better be good cos that's a lot of money, broke our record transfer I think.
Back to top Go down
forzaitalia

forzaitalia

PostSubject: Re: Championship Thread   Championship Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 4:19 am

Rovers are on TV tonight guys. I expect viewing figures to be through the roof.
Back to top Go down
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

PostSubject: Re: Championship Thread   Championship Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 3:57 am

forzaitalia wrote:
Rovers are on TV tonight guys. I expect viewing figures to be through the roof.

Hoho!

Friend let me use one of their season tickets and went to see Burnley mug Derby today - 88th minute winner. Laughing That's how they usually lose. And neighbour who gave me a lift didn't make me walk home!!

Back to top Go down
forzaitalia

forzaitalia

PostSubject: Re: Championship Thread   Championship Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 7:06 am

Austin seems pretty good to be fair.
Back to top Go down
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

PostSubject: Re: Championship Thread   Championship Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 7:11 am

forzaitalia wrote:
Austin seems pretty good to be fair.

Yes, FI I think Burnley would be in a mess without him. But that winning goal - he beat three defenders in the air I think (was at the other end of the ground) and he isn't that tall. But the defence looked very easily turnable.
Back to top Go down
forzaitalia

forzaitalia

PostSubject: Re: Championship Thread   Championship Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 5:57 am

Kean's finally f*cked off, best news ever!!
Back to top Go down
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

PostSubject: Re: Championship Thread   Championship Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 6:41 am

Haha, thought you would be on here celebrating! You'll have to change your signature now.

Who do you fancy to take over?
Back to top Go down
Purple Hellequin

Purple Hellequin

PostSubject: Re: Championship Thread   Championship Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 6:47 am

Ludicrous - sacked when near top of League whilst somehow Paul Jewell keeps his job.
Back to top Go down
forzaitalia

forzaitalia

PostSubject: Re: Championship Thread   Championship Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 9:10 am

Purple Hellequin wrote:
Ludicrous - sacked when near top of League whilst somehow Paul Jewell keeps his job.

If he'd took over in summer then I'd agree. But the last 21 months have been horrible, like I said earlier he's the reason I'm posting in this thread in the first place. Scrappy wins over Barnsley and Bristol City don't change nothing. I hate him and he talks utter shit. He resigned btw, or so he says.

Jewell is garbage though I agree.

ancient milanista wrote:
Haha, thought you would be on here celebrating! You'll have to change your signature now.

Who do you fancy to take over?

I may change it yeah, it's a bit big too. Venky's can do one though.

Not sure, need an experienced man now, as much as I love Sherwood, Tugay, Shearer etc I don't want them now (although all would be better than Kean), I'd like someone like Curbishley but I dunno if he'd ever work north of London.
Back to top Go down
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

PostSubject: Re: Championship Thread   Championship Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 5:37 am

At Bolton they thought there was a thunder storm heading their way from Burnley but then they realised it was the sound of hysterical laughter at the sacking of Owen Coyle.
Back to top Go down
forzaitalia

forzaitalia

PostSubject: Re: Championship Thread   Championship Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 8:11 am

I can see why you'd find it funny, Coyle moving on to 'bigger things' really didn't materialise did it, but your fun is kinda over now - Kean and Coyle gone, chance Rovers and Bolton will move up the table, nothing to laugh at anymore? Hopefully..........depending on who we both get.

I'm surprised it's taken this long if I'm honest, thought he got off pretty lightly last season. Even when they had Megson they were never in serious relegation trouble, iirc (although he was useless).
Back to top Go down
aldair6
Admin
aldair6

PostSubject: Re: Championship Thread   Championship Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 2:15 am

I find this very bizarre
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19927379

How do you feel about it am?
Back to top Go down
http://www.calciouk.com
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

PostSubject: Re: Championship Thread   Championship Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 4:22 am

aldair6 wrote:
I find this very bizarre
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19927379

How do you feel about it am?

Well if there are family reasons - bereavement/parent left on their own? may have convinced him he needed to be nearer home. Or it could simply be that, as Burnley are not doing too well, he thought it was a good opportunity to go back to Bournemouth before he got the sack. Always looks better on the CV. Doesn't sound as if Burnley did a lot to try to keep him.

FI will laugh his head off in Coyle goes back to Burnley bearing in mind my earlier post. Laughing And it wouldn't surprise me.
Back to top Go down
forzaitalia

forzaitalia

PostSubject: Re: Championship Thread   Championship Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 4:55 am

I'd laugh my head off more if you got Kean Very Happy zero chance of that though, unfortunately.

I don't blame him for going back. Burnley is a grim place and Bournemouth is meant to be a nice one. Especially if he's got kids, wouldn't want them growing up hanging around on street corners in Burnley...
Back to top Go down
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

PostSubject: Re: Championship Thread   Championship Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 5:20 am

forzaitalia wrote:
I'd laugh my head off more if you got Kean Very Happy zero chance of that though, unfortunately.

I don't blame him for going back. Burnley is a grim place and Bournemouth is meant to be a nice one. Especially if he's got kids, wouldn't want them growing up hanging around on street corners in Burnley...

I have this feeling that they will take Coyle back!!

I will ignore your final paragraph on the basis that Blegbun is no better!! Razz
Back to top Go down
forzaitalia

forzaitalia

PostSubject: Re: Championship Thread   Championship Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 5:25 am

I don't think the fans would be happy if they appointed Coyle again? I know he did an excellent job first time round but they weren't happy with him leaving for Bolton, from what I've gathered from speaking to a few of them, and he ended up doing a pretty poor job at Bolton. Would be best for you to avoid him, in my opinion of course!
Back to top Go down
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

PostSubject: Re: Championship Thread   Championship Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 5:32 am

forzaitalia wrote:
I don't think the fans would be happy if they appointed Coyle again? I know he did an excellent job first time round but they weren't happy with him leaving for Bolton, from what I've gathered from speaking to a few of them, and he ended up doing a pretty poor job at Bolton. Would be best for you to avoid him, in my opinion of course!

Don't think they will, but you never know! But he may go to you!!
Back to top Go down
forza sampdoria

forza sampdoria

PostSubject: Re: Championship Thread   Championship Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 8:32 am

not that I am bitter or anything about our 2009 play off defeat but I can't stand Coyle!
Back to top Go down
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

PostSubject: Re: Championship Thread   Championship Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 10:29 am

forza sampdoria wrote:
not that I am bitter or anything about our 2009 play off defeat but I can't stand Coyle!

You and about 70,000 inhabitants of Burnley. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Championship Thread   Championship Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Championship Thread
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next