Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Where are they now?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jocksboy

Where are they now? Empty
PostSubject: Where are they now?   Where are they now? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 3:47 am

This is a thread I started on the old Calcio UK forum to give news of former Serie A favourites now operating in the lower leagues.
Former Chievo and Palermo fantasista EUGENIO CORINI is currently manager of Lega Pro side Frosinone. One of the most skilful midfielders of his generation, I always found Corini a delight to watch and he has made Frosinone into an attractive side.

The REAL 'Il Principe' (beware imitations!) GUISEPPI GIANNINI, once of Roma and Italy, has left the managerial post at Grosseto after a very short stay. He has had a mixed career as a coach: his biggest achievement was to take minnows Gallipoli from Lega Pro to Serie B. Sadly the elevation was too much for the small club - they went bankrupt and are now in the depths of the Eccelenza.
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Where are they now?   Where are they now? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 2:41 am

Former Serie A players keep popping up in the Lega Pro and Serie D as managers.
In charge at Sud Tirol (Alto Adige) is GIOVANNI STROPPA, a midfielder who made nearly 200 apppearances in the top flight with among others Milan, Foggia, Lazio and Udinese.
High flying Siracusa have as their head man ANDREA SOTTIL, a rugged central defender who saw service with Torino, Fiorentina, Atalanta, Udinese and Catania.
OSVALDO JACONI, now 65 and immortalised in 'The Miracle of Castel di Sangro', who he took from Serie D to Serie B and kept them there for two seasons, is currently in his second season at Bassano.
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Where are they now?   Where are they now? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 3:41 am

There were a few familiar faces on show in last night's live Lega Pro game on Rai Sport. Leading the line for Cremonese was former Brescia captain, the shaven headed DAVIDE POSSANZINI, returned to Italy after a brief spell at Lugano.
In midfield for Trapani was man of many clubs GIACOMO TEDESCO. His recent wanderings have taken him to Palermo, Catania and Reggina.
Cremonese's manager is another baldy, OSCAR BREVI, who in his playing days as a central defender saw service with Palermo, Torino and Ascoli.
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Where are they now?   Where are they now? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 2:46 am

Padova are pushing hard for promotion from Serie B this year and pinning their hopes on a side packed with Serie A experience. In goal is IVAN PELIZZOLI, former Italy Under-21, Roma and Atalanta shot stopper, though he has recently lost the no. 1 spot to youngster Perin. In midfield they have the veteran VICENZO ITALIANO, vastly experienced with Chievo and Hellas Verona. OMAR MILANETTO will be remembered as the former Genoa vice captain who also played for Modena in their brief sojourn in Serie A. Product of the Juventus youth system SIMONE BENTIVOGLIO was with Bari last season after a spell at Chievo and MICHELE MARCOLINI also served Bari and Chievo as well as Atalanta. Up front DANIELE CACIA had short and not too successful spells with Lecce, Piacenza and Fiorentina while DAVIDE SUCCI saw service with Bologna, Palermo and Chievo.
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Where are they now?   Where are they now? I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 2:05 am

A well kent face in Serie A for many years with Bologna, Siena and Udinese, TOMAS LOCATELLI is playing in Serie D with Arezzo. Now 37, he joined the former Serie B club this season from Mantova.
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Where are they now?   Where are they now? I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 2:03 am

Spezia have just completed the double - winning the Coppa Italia Lega Pro and the league championship which puts them back in Serie B next season. Their manager is MICHELE SERENA, a stylish midfielder with a number of clubs in Serie A including Fiorentina and Inter. I wouldn't be surprised to see one or two Serie A clubs after him in the summer.
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Where are they now?   Where are they now? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 1:22 am

It's great to see Serie A players from the recent past popping up as managers in the lower divisions. Latest to come on to the radar is FABIO PECCHIA, former all-action midfielder with Napoli, Juventus, Sampdoria, Torino and Bolgna among others. In all he made over 300 appearances in Serie A. He is currently manager of high-flying Latina in Lega Pro 1B.
Back to top Go down
forza sampdoria

forza sampdoria

PostSubject: Re: Where are they now?   Where are they now? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 12:18 am

Jocksboy wrote:
Spezia have just completed the double - winning the Coppa Italia Lega Pro and the league championship which puts them back in Serie B next season. Their manager is MICHELE SERENA, a stylish midfielder with a number of clubs in Serie A including Fiorentina and Inter. I wouldn't be surprised to see one or two Serie A clubs after him in the summer.
Lets get him down to Bramall Lane! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Where are they now?   Where are they now? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 2:04 am

Long term viewers of Serie A and many English fans will remember GIANLUCA FESTA, the midfielder who saw service with Cagliari, Inter, Roma, Middlesbrough and Portsmouth. The 44 year old took up his first managerial appointment at the beginning of this season with Lega Pro 1 side Lumezzani.
Back to top Go down
forza sampdoria

forza sampdoria

PostSubject: Re: Where are they now?   Where are they now? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 12:39 am

Jocksboy wrote:
Long term viewers of Serie A and many English fans will remember GIANLUCA FESTA, the midfielder who saw service with Cagliari, Inter, Roma, Middlesbrough and Portsmouth. The 44 year old took up his first managerial appointment at the beginning of this season with Lega Pro 1 side Lumezzani.

Festa is only 44?

I remmeber him, at Middlesbrough in the 1990s! I thought he was ancient!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where are they now?   Where are they now? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where are they now?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Italian Football :: Serie A-
Jump to: