Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TV programmes

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

TV programmes Empty
PostSubject: TV programmes   TV programmes I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 8:41 am

Some of you may be interested to know that Romanzo Criminale is being serialised on Sky Arts 1 starting this Tuesday at 9pm
Back to top Go down
forzaitalia

forzaitalia

TV programmes Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV programmes   TV programmes I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 2:49 am

Is anybody watching an Idiot Abroad 2? There's been two episodes in the new series so far, well funny Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aldair6
Admin
aldair6

TV programmes Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV programmes   TV programmes I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 3:00 am

I watched the first series on DVD, so now that I have missed a couple of this new series I will do the same again.
What is every addicted too at the moment on the box?
Back to top Go down
http://www.calciouk.com
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

TV programmes Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV programmes   TV programmes I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 6:03 am

aldair6 wrote:
I watched the first series on DVD, so now that I have missed a couple of this new series I will do the same again.
What is every addicted too at the moment on the box?

Just finished watching the Borgias. But it's far too raunchy for you youngsters. Laughing

DCI Banks because I've read the books.

Looking forward to the return of NCIS and NCIS Los Angelese.
Back to top Go down
aldair6
Admin
aldair6

TV programmes Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV programmes   TV programmes I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 7:35 am

Got the say I enjoy more of the reality genre shows i.e. Made in Chelsea, anything Gordon Ramsay and Jersey Shore. Normally watch Question time and PM questions every week. I enjoy listening to Sky Sports News everyday to keep me up to date.
Pretty much the opposite of AM!!
Back to top Go down
forzaitalia

forzaitalia

TV programmes Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV programmes   TV programmes I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 8:14 am

No offence mate but I think Jersey Shore/Geordie Shore is terrible Wink
Back to top Go down
forza sampdoria

forza sampdoria

TV programmes Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV programmes   TV programmes I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 8:18 am

I only seem to watch Newsnight and Italian Football at the weekend.....never any time for anything else!
Back to top Go down
aldair6
Admin
aldair6

TV programmes Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV programmes   TV programmes I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 8:20 am

forzaitalia wrote:
No offence mate but I think Jersey Shore/Geordie Shore is terrible Wink

I know but purely for entertain I do watch plus I know all the spots where the Geordie shore cast go on the show and sometimes I see friends in the bakground
Back to top Go down
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

TV programmes Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV programmes   TV programmes I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 8:23 am

Like HIGNFY when it's on.

And ashamed to admit to liking Location x 3 Embarassed
Back to top Go down
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

TV programmes Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV programmes   TV programmes I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 8:25 am

Has anyone been watching Sherlock?

What do you think will happen, another Bobby Ewing dreams and shower style situation?
Back to top Go down
aldair6
Admin
aldair6

TV programmes Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV programmes   TV programmes I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 9:49 am

I have heard a lot about it, any good?
Back to top Go down
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

TV programmes Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV programmes   TV programmes I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 10:12 am

aldair6 wrote:
I have heard a lot about it, any good?

Very convoluted. But good enough in a suspend disbelief sort of way.
Back to top Go down
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

TV programmes Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV programmes   TV programmes I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:21 pm

Has anyone been watching Inspector Montalbano? I record it and watch it at my leisure. I've read all the books in English - tried the Italian once but there is too much Sicilian dialect.

I'll know (haha) my Italian is good when I can follow what he is muttering at great speed without resorting to reading the subtitles! Although I can follow quite a bit of some of the actors' dialogue.
Back to top Go down
forza sampdoria

forza sampdoria

TV programmes Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV programmes   TV programmes I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:05 pm

Has anyone seen the recent BB2 series "the history of our streets"? I find this programme interesting as it looks at the buildings history and the people you lived there; mainly due to being a bit of a property nerd with a keen interest in how people live and have adapted and hoiw their lives have panned out!
Back to top Go down
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

TV programmes Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV programmes   TV programmes I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 3:12 am

Not watced it but might have a look on i player but of course I might remember some of it anyway. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
vincenti

TV programmes Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV programmes   TV programmes I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 8:23 pm

ancient milanista wrote:
Has anyone been watching Inspector Montalbano? I record it and watch it at my leisure. I've read all the books in English - tried the Italian once but there is too much Sicilian dialect.

I'll know (haha) my Italian is good when I can follow what he is muttering at great speed without resorting to reading the subtitles! Although I can follow quite a bit of some of the actors' dialogue.
Haven't seen Ins.Montalbano but watched the 3 Detective Aurelio Zen episodes a while back which were great. I'm thinking of reading the novels(Michael Dibdin). Has anyone read any?
Back to top Go down
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

TV programmes Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV programmes   TV programmes I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 1:42 am

I've read all the Zen novels and enjoyed them. But then I am a sucker for crime novels. If you can, try to read them in order as they will make more sense that way.

Aurelio Zen Series

1. Ratking (1988)
2. Vendetta (1990)
3. Cabal (1992)
4. Dead Lagoon (1994)
5. Cosi Fan Tutti (1996)
6. A Long Finish (1998)
7. Blood Rain (1999)
8. And Then You Die (2002)
9. Medusa (2003)
10. Back to Bologna (2005)
11. End Games (2007)

Ironically enough I saw him being interviewed on tv just after End Games had been finished but not published and within weeks he was dead so it was a bit of a spooky title.

There are these authors who write crime novels set in Italy:

Donna Leon (Venice), Magdalena Nabb(Florence). There is Christobel Kent (Florence) but she might be a bit girlie for you!

And this is a good website for seeing what people have written and the series they belong to:

www.fantasticfiction.co.uk

Also for second hand books if you can't get hold of the Michale Dibdin novels try:

http://www.abebooks.co.uk/

Last edited by ancient milanista on Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
forza sampdoria

forza sampdoria

TV programmes Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV programmes   TV programmes I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 1:46 am

ancient milanista wrote:
I've read all the Zen novels and enjoyed them. But then I am a sucker for crime novels. If you can, try to read them in order as they will make more sense that way.

Aurelio Zen Series

1. Ratking (1988)
2. Vendetta (1990)
3. Cabal (1992)
4. Dead Lagoon (1994)
5. Cosi Fan Tutti (1996)
6. A Long Finish (1998)
7. Blood Rain (1999)
8. And Then You Die (2002)
9. Medusa (2003)
10. Back to Bologna (2005)
11. End Games (2007)

There are these authors to which are crime novels set in Italy:

Donna Leon, Magdalena Nabb. There is Christobel Kent but she might be a bit girlie for you!

And this is a good website for seeing what people have written and the series they belong to:

www.fantasticfiction.co.uk

Also for second hand books if you can't get hold of them try:

http://www.abebooks.co.uk/

AM you are so well read....then again most people who read crime noivels and post on the internet tend to be serial killers Very Happy although I am sure you are past all that! Twisted Evil

Only pulling your leg AM, your passion for Italy clearly extends to your love of reading also. Keep up the good work. Smile
Back to top Go down
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

TV programmes Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV programmes   TV programmes I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 1:53 am

forza sampdoria wrote:

AM you are so well read....then again most people who read crime noivels and post on the internet tend to be serial killers Very Happy although I am sure you are past all that! Twisted Evil

Only pulling your leg AM, your passion for Italy clearly extends to your love of reading also. Keep up the good work. Smile

Haha, do serial killers have a retirement age too then? Laughing I have always read a lot throughout my life, do you read much FS.

I try reading Italian to improve my vocabulary although it is still slowish progress. I was in Italy on holiday last month and managed to practise a bit of my Italian.

Talking serial killers..............did you ever see the film Grosse Pointe Blank? Can highly recommend it.
Back to top Go down
forza sampdoria

forza sampdoria

TV programmes Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV programmes   TV programmes I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 1:58 am

No I have not seen that AM, not reaally into crime books/ films to be honest but to answer your question, Yes I do like to read, but struggle to get the time unless on holiday.

Reading Tim Parks Italian Education now. (when I get the chance that is)....which is not as good as Italian Neighbours which was fantastic!
Back to top Go down
vincenti

TV programmes Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV programmes   TV programmes I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 11:09 pm

Thanks for the lists AM. I love Florence so will seek out Magdalena Nabb. I've read Italian Neighbours also FS which was brilliant.I didn't know about"Italian Education" so I'll look out for it also,cheers.
Back to top Go down
vincenti

TV programmes Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV programmes   TV programmes I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 8:52 pm

I went to see the much acclaimed Wes Anderson film "Moonrise Kingdom" and thought it was really childish.His films (Rushmore-Royal Tenenbaums)are character driven but this one was like a Roald Dahl film,very strange.
Back to top Go down
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

TV programmes Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV programmes   TV programmes I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 11:58 pm

Haven't been to the cinema for a while but I did watch the Hollow Crown series on BBC and thought it was brilliant. That is what the BBC is for!

Told a friend I'd like it so he thought he would give it a try. The next time I saw him he said "but it was Shakespeare" Yes? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TV programmes Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV programmes   TV programmes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TV programmes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Off Topic-
Jump to: