Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Can i get done?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
taz

Can i get done? Empty
PostSubject: Can i get done?   Can i get done? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 8:20 am

Was stuck in the traffic lights at the front and suddenly from behind i saw an ambulance coming down and the cars on the opposite moved to the left and i moved my car to the left but there was not enough room for the ambulance to go through so i had no choice but to move my car over the give way line and in the process run a red light so can i get prosecuted for this?
Back to top Go down
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

Can i get done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can i get done?   Can i get done? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 8:51 am

taz wrote:
Was stuck in the traffic lights at the front and suddenly from behind i saw an ambulance coming down and the cars on the opposite moved to the left and i moved my car to the left but there was not enough room for the ambulance to go through so i had no choice but to move my car over the give way line and in the process run a red light so can i get prosecuted for this?

Yes you can unfortunately. Was there a red light camera there? Google image it on here so we can tell. Or tell me exactly where you were so I can google it myself.

The ambulancemen won't do anything.
Back to top Go down
taz

Can i get done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can i get done?   Can i get done? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 10:54 am

The street is Churchill Road, Willenhall. THere is only the one set of traffic lights there. I didnt know what else to do. Say if i have been caught on camera, what is the penalty i could receive?
Back to top Go down
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

Can i get done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can i get done?   Can i get done? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 10:56 am

taz wrote:
The street is Churchill Road, Willenhall. THere is only the one set of traffic lights there. I didnt know what else to do. Say if i have been caught on camera, what is the penalty i could receive?

Normally 3 points and £60.

I'll google it and see if I can see where you mean and be back in a minute or two
Back to top Go down
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

Can i get done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can i get done?   Can i get done? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 11:07 am

If you mean traffic lights at the Churchill Road/Bloxwich Road T junction, there are no red light or redspeed cameras so you are ok. Hope you can relax now. Very Happy

But, friendly advice from Auntie AM, however much your instincts tell you to, don't go over a line at red unless a policeman actually TELLS you to.

For future information this is a good site for advice:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/
Back to top Go down
taz

Can i get done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can i get done?   Can i get done? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 11:19 am

Are you sure AM? I thought there was a little grey one on the traffic signal right next to me?
Back to top Go down
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

Can i get done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can i get done?   Can i get done? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 11:23 am

taz wrote:
How can you tell there are no cameras on there AM? I thought there were those little grey ones.

I've made a study of cameras ever since I got 3 points - my first after 40 years. Sad

http://www.speedcamerasuk.com/speed-camera-types.htm

I went on google street view and "travelled along the road to the lights, panned round and there were no cameras in sight. Also if you look at Willenhall on here, there aren't any red light cameras:

http://www.wmsafetycameras.co.uk/regions_gmapi.php

Hope I reassured you.

Back to top Go down
taz

Can i get done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can i get done?   Can i get done? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 11:25 am

THANK YOU AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel so relaxed now.
Back to top Go down
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

Can i get done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can i get done?   Can i get done? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 11:28 am

taz wrote:
THANK YOU AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel so relaxed now.

You are very welcome - I know exactly how you felt. It's taken me nearly until now not to be paranoid about the bloody things, even though my points don't count any more. In fact it is 4 years today since I got them!

Back to top Go down
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

Can i get done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can i get done?   Can i get done? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 11:31 am

One other thing, for future reference. If you think you may have got caught by a camera the police have 14 days to deliver the Notice of Intended Prosecution (NIP) to the address of the registered keeper. If it is later than that, and you can prove it, they can't do anything. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
forzaitalia

forzaitalia

Can i get done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can i get done?   Can i get done? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 11:35 am

Good man Taz!
Back to top Go down
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

Can i get done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can i get done?   Can i get done? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 7:29 pm

taz wrote:
Are you sure AM? I thought there was a little grey one on the traffic signal right next to me?

An afterword. Those little cameras on the actual lights themselves are never speed or redlight cameras. Red light cameras also can only get you from the rear - they have to have a pic of the traffic light on red as well as your car.
Back to top Go down
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

Can i get done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can i get done?   Can i get done? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 11:29 pm

Hey taz, said you'd be ok didn't I? Well past the 14 days for the NIP to arrive.
Back to top Go down
taz

Can i get done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can i get done?   Can i get done? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 5:29 am

ancient milanista wrote:
Hey taz, said you'd be ok didn't I? Well past the 14 days for the NIP to arrive.

You was right AM Smile
Back to top Go down
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

Can i get done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can i get done?   Can i get done? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 5:35 am

taz wrote:
ancient milanista wrote:

You was right AM Smile

As ever! Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Can i get done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can i get done?   Can i get done? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can i get done?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Off Topic-
Jump to: