Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
taz

UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw Empty
PostSubject: UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw   UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 11:19 pm

Galatasaray v Schalke
Celtic v Juventus
Arsenal v Bayern Munich
Shakhtar Donetsk v Borussia Dortmund
Milan v Barcelona
Real Madrid v Manchester United
Valencia v Paris St Germain
Porto v Malaga
Back to top Go down
forzaitalia

forzaitalia

PostSubject: Re: UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw   UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 1:11 am

Juve will progress, Milan, however............that's what you get for finishing 2nd in an easy group.

Back to top Go down
Mi piace calcio

Mi piace calcio

PostSubject: Re: UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw   UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 7:06 am

Good luck Juve.
Back to top Go down
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

PostSubject: Re: UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw   UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 7:31 am

Go ahead early with a soft goal.

Now you lot who have played football:

Will you tell me why, if a player stands with his arms out at right angles to his body, blocking another player, that isn't obstruction. They can't play the ball with their hands/arms and they aren't in playing distance of the ball.

Am I missing something here?
Back to top Go down
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

PostSubject: Re: UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw   UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 8:22 am

Do Juve have to commit murder to give away a penalty. The antics in the area have been as ridiculous as the ref's refusal to do anything about it.
Back to top Go down
Mi piace calcio

Mi piace calcio

PostSubject: Re: UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw   UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 8:41 am

Pretty impressive from Juve.
Back to top Go down
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

PostSubject: Re: UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw   UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 8:46 am

Yes, but now answer my two questions mpc!
Back to top Go down
Mi piace calcio

Mi piace calcio

PostSubject: Re: UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw   UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 8:54 am

I don't know how thy got away with some things in the penalty box!
Back to top Go down
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

PostSubject: Re: UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw   UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 8:55 am

But when are refs in general going to do something about players standing with their arms out wide?
Not to mention the strangling.
Back to top Go down
Mi piace calcio

Mi piace calcio

PostSubject: Re: UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw   UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 8:57 am

I've just seen a re-run of it and I thought the celtic player was shoving as much as lichsteiner was.
Back to top Go down
forzaitalia

forzaitalia

PostSubject: Re: UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw   UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 9:08 am

Well done Juve. Don't like Celtic nor Neil Lennon so happy to see Juve win, for Serie A too I guess.

Hate Lichtsteiner though (although always have done, not just like Adrian Chiles who probably only realised he existed two hours ago.
Back to top Go down
taz

PostSubject: Re: UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw   UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 9:35 am

AM, we see these things happen in pretty much every match. I am with you in that referees should crack down on this and start awarding penalties therefore we may see players like Lichtsteiner think twice before obstructing another opponent in the box.

However, I want to praise Andrea Barzagli. Whenever I see this guy, he is just calm and does all the simple things right and is always in position to clear the ball away and is calm bringing the ball out of defence. I don't understand why he doesn't get the credit which he thoroughly deserves.
Back to top Go down
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

PostSubject: Re: UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw   UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 9:45 am

Thanks Taz, it would make matches a lot better if the constant wrestling was stopped. And it would only take a few free kicks/pens to do it.
Back to top Go down
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

PostSubject: Re: UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw   UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 6:05 am

MILAN: Abbiati, Abate, Zapata, Mexes, Constant, Ambrosini, Montolivo, Muntari, Boateng, Pazzini, El Shaarawy.

BARCELLONA: Victor Valdes, Dani Alves, Piqué, Puyol, Jordi Alba, Xavi, Busquets, Fabregas, Pedro, Messi, Iniesta.

Will be watching from between my fingers I think!
Back to top Go down
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

PostSubject: Re: UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw   UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 8:23 am

Well, well, can we have the final whistle now? Muntari makes it 2-0 on 80' after Boeteng puts Milan ahead.
Back to top Go down
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

PostSubject: Re: UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw   UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 8:38 am

Well I can't believe what I've just seen: Portsmouth 2-0 Barcelona Laughing

TBH Abbiati didn't have a lot to do despite Barcelona's possession.
Back to top Go down
forza sampdoria

forza sampdoria

PostSubject: Re: UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw   UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 8:40 am

Great result for Milan - if they can knock out Barca they can win it!
Back to top Go down
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

PostSubject: Re: UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw   UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 8:45 am

Yes, but will they be able to stop Barça at the Camp Nou?

Last edited by ancient milanista on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
forzaitalia

forzaitalia

PostSubject: Re: UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw   UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 8:53 am

ancient milanista wrote:
Yes, but will they be able to stop Barça at the Bernabeu?

Shocked

Milan were excellent. Montolivo impressed me in particular. Hope they can nick an away goal at the Camp Nou (AM) then they'll have a very good chance of progressing.
Back to top Go down
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

PostSubject: Re: UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw   UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 8:57 am

Well done FI for spotting my deliberate error this time! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mi piace calcio

Mi piace calcio

PostSubject: Re: UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw   UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 9:04 am

Yippee!! What a performance from Milan! Brilliant stuff!! We need the same level of effort and concentration again in the second leg though.
Back to top Go down
forzaitalia

forzaitalia

PostSubject: Re: UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw   UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 10:58 am

^ Probably need an even higher level of effort and concentration in the return leg! It'll be very tough. Really hope you go through - after all Milan's problems earlier in the season (and on and off since, going 0-4 down to us for example haha) who'd have thought they'd be defending a 2 goal lead at the Nou Camp?

Would be an awesome effort if you get through. Fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
taz

PostSubject: Re: UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw   UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 11:40 am

Fantastic result for Milan. Statistics show that Barcelona have never won a 2 legged tie when losing by a two goal deficit from the first leg but have come back 2 times from a three goal deficit so maybe the omens are good for Milan to progress..........
Back to top Go down
taz

PostSubject: Re: UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw   UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 11:20 am

UEFA Champions League - Round of 16 - 1st legs

Celtic 0-3 Juventus
Valencia 1-2 Paris St Germain
Shakhtar Donetsk 2-2 Borussia Dortmund
Real Madrid 1-1 Manchester United
Porto 1-0 Malaga
Arsenal 1-3 Bayern Munich
Galatasaray 1-1 Schalke
Milan 2-0 Barcelona
Back to top Go down
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

PostSubject: Re: UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw   UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 8:25 am

Well SAf will rightly go mad after this. How could that ever be a red card for Nani?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw   UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next