Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Serie B - General Discussion

Go down 
+5
forzaitalia
aldair6
Forza_Vicenza
forza sampdoria
Jocksboy
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jocksboy

Serie B - General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Serie B - General Discussion   Serie B - General Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 2:27 am

Just a reminder to all those interested that www.calcion.eu provides excellent live coverage of Serie B. All Friday and Monday games are shown and on Saturday there's a choice of at least three plus 'Gol Diretta', a magazine programme that switches round all the grounds and shows every goal.
Picture and sound quality vary, but there's usually two or more links so it's just a matter of trying each one for the best results.
Back to top Go down
forza sampdoria

forza sampdoria

PostSubject: Re: Serie B - General Discussion   Serie B - General Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 8:09 am

Jocksboy wrote:
Just a reminder to all those interested that www.calcion.eu provides excellent live coverage of Serie B. All Friday and Monday games are shown and on Saturday there's a choice of at least three plus 'Gol Diretta', a magazine programme that switches round all the grounds and shows every goal.
Picture and sound quality vary, but there's usually two or more links so it's just a matter of trying each one for the best results.

Thanks for that mate....I will check it out!
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Serie B - General Discussion   Serie B - General Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 2:26 am

Just found another excellent site for live Serie B coverage. If you're not happy with calcion or the match you want isn't featured try www.sportlemon.tv
It's as good if not better - certainly worth a look.
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Serie B - General Discussion   Serie B - General Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 3:02 am

I continue to be amazed by Sassuolo. Despite having one of the lowest budgets in the league and having to groundshare with Modena because their own ground is unsuitable for Serie B they're still flying high. Every season since they achieved promotion the pundits have made them among the favourites for relegation, yet they've made the playoffs once in their three years in the Cadetta and finished in the top half of the table twice. Right now they're in third place having just beaten their hosts Modena by 5-2 this afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Forza_Vicenza

Forza_Vicenza

PostSubject: Re: Serie B - General Discussion   Serie B - General Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 10:48 am

Week 21.

Torino vs AlbinoLeffe - 11:30
Ascoli vs Padova - 14:00
Brescia vs Crotone - 14:00
Cittadella vs Empoli 14:00
Gubbio vs Bari 14:00
Nocrenia vs Bari 14:00
Sampdoria vs Varese 14:00
Sassuolo vs Juve Stabia 14:00
Vicenza vs Reggina 14:00
Verona vs Modena 17:00
Grosseto vs Livorno 19:45

All time GMT.

Find Games on the usual websites also usually a multicast that shows Goals and footage from all 14:00 Games so you don't miss a thing.

Hopefully get some Serie A guys watching Serie B by end of 2012 Smile.

Back to top Go down
Forza_Vicenza

Forza_Vicenza

PostSubject: Re: Serie B - General Discussion   Serie B - General Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 12:17 am

In a high tempered Game Torino drop two points to AlbinoLeffe.

Serie B Promotion race is going be wide open this season.
Back to top Go down
aldair6
Admin
aldair6

PostSubject: Re: Serie B - General Discussion   Serie B - General Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 1:32 am

Two players sent off for Torino in the second half
Back to top Go down
http://www.calciouk.com
Forza_Vicenza

Forza_Vicenza

PostSubject: Re: Serie B - General Discussion   Serie B - General Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 6:08 am

Two goals in last five minutes for Verona. massive puts them back into to level with Sassuolo and 2 Points behind Torino.
Back to top Go down
forzaitalia

forzaitalia

PostSubject: Re: Serie B - General Discussion   Serie B - General Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 6:09 am

Well done Verona, 0-1 down until the 87th minute and they come back to win.
Back to top Go down
Forza_Vicenza

Forza_Vicenza

PostSubject: Re: Serie B - General Discussion   Serie B - General Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 10:55 am

Another draw to end the week 1-1 between Grosseto and Livorno. Grosseto goal was a cracker.
Back to top Go down
Forza_Vicenza

Forza_Vicenza

PostSubject: Re: Serie B - General Discussion   Serie B - General Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 9:19 am

Week 22

Friday 13th 19:45

Nocerina vs Sassuolo

Saturday 14th 14:00

AlbinoLeffe vs Citadella
Gubbio vs Grosseto
Juve Stabia vs Empoli
Livorno - Crotone
Modena vs Reggina
Padova vs Sampdoria
Torino vs Ascoli
Varese vs Bari
Vicenza vs Brescia

Monday 16th 19:45

Pescara vs Verona.

Back to top Go down
Forza_Vicenza

Forza_Vicenza

PostSubject: Re: Serie B - General Discussion   Serie B - General Discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 3:00 am

Week 22 Results

Nocerina 0 - 1 Sassuolo
AlbinoLeffe 1 - 1 Cittadella
Juve Stabia 3 - 1 Empoli
Livorno 2 - 1 Crotone
Modena 3 - 3 Reggina
Padova 1 - 2 Sampdoria
Torino 2 - 1 Ascoli
Varese 0 - 2 Bari
Vicenza 0 - 1 Brescia

Torino 45
Sassuolo 43
------------------------------
Verona* 41
Pescara* 39
Padova 38
Reggina 32
------------------------------
Juve Stabia 31
Varese 31
Sampdoria 29
Bari 29
Cittadella 29
Grossto 29
Brescia 28
Vicenza 26
Livorno 24
Crotone 24
AlbinoLeffe 23
---------------------------------------
Empoli 22
Gubbio 22
---------------------------------------
Modena 22
Nocerina 16
Ascoli 15

*Verona vs Pescara plays Monday.

Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Serie B - General Discussion   Serie B - General Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 3:49 am

Torino have been awarded a 3-0 victory following the match away to Padova being abandoned due to floodlight failure. I don't know the ins and outs of the matter but it seems to me to be extremely harsh on Padova. Presumably it wasn't any action of the club that caused the lights to fail.
The three points thus earned have given the Turin club a massive boost. It has taken them back to the top of the table, a position they'd lost following the 4-1 home defeat by Verona on Monday.
It's still going to be a thrilling and fascinating run in. Toro, Pescara, Verona, Sassuolo and Padova are all well in the running for the top two places and any of seven or eight teams could still make the playoff spots. After a less than impressive first half of the season Brescia, Bari and Sampdoria, the relegated teams, have all made advances in the last few weeks and are not out of the running for a quick return to Serie A. Although the amazing Sassuolo are my favourite team in the division, I do hope Pescara make it back to A. Under the guidance of the legendary Zdenek Zeman they are the most attractive team to watch. They play 4-3-3 home and away and their three front men, Sansovini, Immobile, and Insigne are all proven marksmen and in the top dozen in the scorers' list. Ciro Immobile is in fact the capo cannoniero of the division at the moment. With the emphasis firmly on attack they lose goals at the other end too, so Pescara matches are almsot sure to provide at least three goals per game.
It's not quite so congested at the bottom of the table, but eight or nine clubs are still in danger. Former Serie A clubs Empoli and Vicenza need to start picking up ponts quickly: they're both too close to the foot.
Predictions? My heart says Sassuolo, Verona and Pescara. My head says Torino, Pescara and Padova.
Back to top Go down
Mi piace calcio

Mi piace calcio

PostSubject: Re: Serie B - General Discussion   Serie B - General Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 10:23 pm

Jocksboy wrote:
I do hope Pescara make it back to A. Under the guidance of the legendary Zdenek Zeman they are the most attractive team to watch.

I hope they make it too. It will be fun to see them facing off against the big clubs.
Back to top Go down
aldair6
Admin
aldair6

PostSubject: Re: Serie B - General Discussion   Serie B - General Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 4:44 am

Back to top Go down
Mi piace calcio

Mi piace calcio

PostSubject: Re: Serie B - General Discussion   Serie B - General Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 9:27 am

I've just been reading about that. It seems to have been out of the blue. He was coaching as normal shortly before his death. Dreadful news.
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Serie B - General Discussion   Serie B - General Discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 11:35 pm

Did anyone else watch that amazing game on Friday night between Padova and Pescara. Pescara won 6-0 and it could easily have been ten or more but for some superb first half goalkeeping by Padova's 19 year old custodian Perin. Padova seem to have gone into freefall and are in grave danger of slipping out of the playoff positions after such a good season until the last month. Sampdoria have come into a bit of form and could easily slip into the top six.
There's still plenty of points to play for, but it's beginning to look as though the automatic promotion places will be fought out between Torino, Verona and Pescara and the playoffs the loser of those three plus Sassuolo, Varese and Sampdoria.
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Serie B - General Discussion   Serie B - General Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 8:34 pm

The Court of Justice has overruled the decision to award three points and a 3-0 victory to Torino after floodlight failure at their game at Padova earlier this season. The original result, 1-0 for Padova, has been reinstated. Torino therefore have been docked three points and Padova have gained three points. It's opened up the title race and the battle for playoff places. The last few weeks of the season are going to be really exciting now.
Back to top Go down
Mi piace calcio

Mi piace calcio

PostSubject: Re: Serie B - General Discussion   Serie B - General Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 9:14 pm

Jocksboy wrote:
The Court of Justice has overruled the decision to award three points and a 3-0 victory to Torino after floodlight failure at their game at Padova earlier this season. The original result, 1-0 for Padova, has been reinstated. Torino therefore have been docked three points and Padova have gained three points. It's opened up the title race and the battle for playoff places. The last few weeks of the season are going to be really exciting now.

I bet Torino are massively chuffed with that decision.
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Serie B - General Discussion   Serie B - General Discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 9:12 pm

I think it's a fair one though. Floodlight failures are like the weather - an act of God - and I don't think a club should be punished for one. In any case, do Padova own their ground or does it belong to the local council like so many Italian stadia? If the latter in no way can Padova be held responsible.
Back to top Go down
Jocksboy

PostSubject: Re: Serie B - General Discussion   Serie B - General Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 2:36 am

With just two games left to play the position at the top of the league has become clearer, though there is still much to play for. Standings at the moment are:
Torino 79
Pescara 77
Sassuolo 74
Verona 74
Varese 68
Sampdoria 67
Padova 63.
No-one else can make the top six. At the bottom AlbinoLeffe and Gubbio are already relegated, but who will be the two clubs to join them in the Lega Pro next season? The bottom three in the final table go down automatically with the two teams finishing 18th and 19th engaging in a two leg playout. Positions are:
Empoli 43
Ascoli 43
Livorno 42
Vicenza 38
Noverina 37
Gubbio 32
AlbinoLeffe 26

Back to top Go down
aldair6
Admin
aldair6

PostSubject: Re: Serie B - General Discussion   Serie B - General Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 1:14 am

Torino have mathematically secured promotion back into Serie A after today’s 2-0 victory over Modena.
Back to top Go down
Mi piace calcio

Mi piace calcio

PostSubject: Re: Serie B - General Discussion   Serie B - General Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 5:33 am

I like Torino. I'm glad they are back in Serie A.
Back to top Go down
ancient milanista

ancient milanista

PostSubject: Re: Serie B - General Discussion   Serie B - General Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 5:37 am

Mi piace calcio wrote:
I like Torino. I'm glad they are back in Serie A.

Boing boing came to mind when I saw that. cos tey never usually last long
Back to top Go down
aldair6
Admin
aldair6

PostSubject: Re: Serie B - General Discussion   Serie B - General Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 6:44 am

Zdenek Zeman has taken Pescara to promotion from Serie B, joining Torino in next season’s top flight, after beating Sampdoria.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Serie B - General Discussion   Serie B - General Discussion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Serie B - General Discussion
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next