Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ballon d'Or 2011

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
aldair6
Admin
aldair6

Ballon d'Or 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Ballon d'Or 2011   Ballon d'Or 2011 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 7:56 am

Lionel Messi has claimed the title of the world's best player for a third straight year after winning the FIFA Ballon d'Or at an awards gala in Zurich.
The FIFPro World XI was: Iker Casillas (Real Madrid), Dani Alves (Barcelona), Gerard Pique(Barcelona), Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid), Nemanja Vidic (Man Utd), Andres Iniesta (Barcelona), Xabi Alonso (Real Madrid), Xavi (Barcelona), Lionel Messi (Barcelona), Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid), Wayne Rooney (Man Utd).
Barcelona's Pep Guardiola was named coach of the year; Japan's women's World Cup-winning captain Homare Sawa the women's player; Japan's (male) manager Norio Sasaki coach of the year for women's football; the Japanese FA were awarded the FIFA fair play award; Brazilian 19-year-old sensation Neymar won the FIFA Puskas award for the best goal of 2011.
I think Thiago Silva should be in that team ahead of Vidic, but apart from that it is about right.

Last edited by aldair6 on Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.calciouk.com
forzaitalia

forzaitalia

Ballon d'Or 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballon d'Or 2011   Ballon d'Or 2011 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 10:53 am

Deservedly won by Messi, even if I'd like to see Xavi win an award before he calls it quits.

The team does seem about right, although you could make a case for players like Thiago Silva, Neuer, Van Persie who all had excellent years. Depends what they base it on I suppose.
Back to top Go down

Ballon d'Or 2011
Page 1 of 1